Better Russian MOD required

The skins and models for german in CMBB are good in CMBB. There is really a strange fact in almost all of WWII games, of which the models of german are much more realistic than those of russian. I dont know why that always occured. I have checked the uniform and helmets for red army in CMBB and found no one is fully correct. Especially for the winter uniform of russian in late war, its almost ridiculous. The style of winter hats for russian in game could never be found in real war. In addition, the russian officer cap should be totally different than german. It has its unique style. For example, its more flat in the front than that of german officer cap. I suggest MOD desiners get more reliable informations from historical pictures and literature related before they make and release the new MODs for game. Although its only a game, we still want to get valuable and real stuff.

Originally posted by HOFMAN:

The skins and models for german in CMBB are good in CMBB. There is really a strange fact in almost all of WWII games, of which the models of german are much more realistic than those of russian. I dont know why that always occured. I have checked the uniform and helmets for red army in CMBB and found no one is fully correct. Especially for the winter uniform of russian in late war, its almost ridiculous. The style of winter hats for russian in game could never be found in real war. In addition, the russian officer cap should be totally different than german. It has its unique style. For example, its more flat in the front than that of german officer cap. I suggest MOD desiners get more reliable informations from historical pictures and literature related before they make and release the new MODs for game. Although its only a game, we still want to get valuable and real stuff.

I agree with you. Russians in winter uniforms look like clouns(last two mods) tongue.gif

I'd like to take this opportunity to repeat something that I posted on another thread because I'd really like an answer to this.

Whilst on the subject of Russian uniforms one thing has been puzzling me slightly. Whenever I see pictures or movies, or even models of WW2 Russian infantry they always seem to be wearing that fabric roll type thing (don't know what it is) that's slung over one shoulder. I've seen this so often that I've got the impression that it was very common, yet none of the Russian infantry in CMBB seem to be wearing them. Furthermore no mods seem to represent this, and nobody has even mentioned it. Was it not as common as I seem to think?

After counting to a few hundred before posting...the modders cant modify the shape of anything, even caps. If you have a bitch, take it elsewhere. If you have a POLITE recommendation/suggestion, sure please post it. Nearly every single modder out there does do their research I suggest you do the same about what makes this game work and hence what is and is not possible.

Originally posted by Rostik:

Russians in winter uniforms look like clouns(last two mods) tongue.gif

Uh, I think you mean "clowns".

If you and you buddy here think they look so bad then maybe you'll use your towering artistic and historical research skills to put together The Ultimate Russian Winter Mod™ for us. I won't hold my breath, though. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm biased, but I think my Winter Soviet mod is pretty damn good, and I did a fair amount of historical research to make sure they were as correct as could be. But when you mod is released I'm sure I'll be using it, as it will doubtless be superior to anything anyone else (including me) could produce. ;)

The "bedroll" you are asking about could also be from a greatcoat and/or a rain cape. As to why it isn't modded yet, possibly because it would'nt look right on a flat surface.

In defence of Soviet winter mods,I think that the latest mod by Andrewtf is as close to the mark as you can get for the early war telogreika, keep up the great work Andrew (pretty please with knobs on!)

Fitz

Andrew,

Don't sweat these two clowns. Your work is greatly appreciated and ALWAYS a must download for me. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Jason

P.S. Your latest winter Soviet uniforms are excellent. No Russian would be caught dead on the steppes without one. Unless Mastergoodale was using them. tongue.gif

Andrew:

Don't listen to these two guys. Your Russian uniform mods are A+++. If fact if it wasn't for people like you, we wouldn't have any winter uniforms at all ( no winter anything for that matter!! ). If somebody doesn't care for a mod then just don't download it. I've seen stuff that I'm not crazy about - I just don't download it. I'm not going to get on here & start cutting down other people's hard work. smile.gif

No it is not, they weren't commonly issued blankets. It is the rain cape.
Thanks Michael. Well whatever it is I like them and I want them smile.gif

So as soon as I get Xmas out the way I reckon I'm going to have to buy a book or two and try my very first mod.

possibly because it would'nt look right on a flat surface.
Yes, I was wondering about that myself, but there's plenty other stuff on the uniforms that shouldn't look right on a flat surface but do OK (German gas mask containers, backpacks etc.)

Oh and Andrew, I'd just like to point out that I love your uniform mods, and I hope that if I do get to try mine it'll be at least half as good as some of yours

Andrew, you the king of modding uniforms, 2 goof balls out of thousands that download your mods, I wouldn't worry about them. Also, it is apparent that they do not understand the graphics of the game, for what modders have to work with,(due to models being "hard coded" I think the 2 jokers doing all the complaining nned to learn more about the game engine before making the remarks they made

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rostik:

Russians in winter uniforms look like clouns(last two mods) tongue.gif

Uh, I think you mean "clowns".

If you and you buddy here think they look so bad then maybe you'll use your towering artistic and historical research skills to put together The Ultimate Russian Winter Mod™ for us. I won't hold my breath, though. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm biased, but I think my Winter Soviet mod is pretty damn good, and I did a fair amount of historical research to make sure they were as correct as could be. But when you mod is released I'm sure I'll be using it, as it will doubtless be superior to anything anyone else (including me) could produce. ;) </font>

Of course this is what it should look like:

-link to pic-

Now if only BFC will do a new wireframe for it (with fluttering sides) it should be a breeze to patch, lacking that you can always buy your own at: SOVIET WWII CAMOUFLAGE AND WINTER CLOTHING. It's the genuine article, like everything else the russians bagged them, tagged them and kept them in storage just in case.

[Edit] Site also has some other winter uniform items for sale that were apparently moddeled after some second rate mod for a wargame ;)

banner.gif

[ December 24, 2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Foxbat ]

In general, I like the way BFC runs these boards. But sometimes I read things that should just be unacceptable.

Can I have a Panther mod taken from the Ardennes movie?
I wish people could be banned for even mentioning that movie.

Lets just let it go, and let the healing begin.

Originally posted by Rostik:

AndrewTF, maybe I was rude saying this but I have just showed my Ukrainian friend your work as you said "I did a fair amount of historical research to make sure they were as correct as could be." and you know what? He said "It's ridiculous" I watched dozens of Russian Second WAR movies and this was the first time I saw this kind of winter uniforms. I think some units from the previous winter mod were more accurate. I judged your work from the front picture, because I didn't download it! :mad:

Obviously you have waisted your time to do these mods and they are for free so, you have the right to be angry with me. Anyway I'll say sorry that I have called your soviet troops clouns(clowns)

;)

Rostik, I thought maybe I misinterpreted your first post as being overly critical, terribly unappreciative, and downright insulting.

Now after your second post, I've concluded that you are indeed a complete jerk.

You two fools who began this thread have a right to your opinions but since you lack the capacity to be tactful, here's a hint:

These mods are provided to the community for FREE and they take a great deal of time and effort to complete. Despite what you may think, AndrewTF is among the very best and most talented modders we have and we are ALL grateful to have him tirelessly contribute to our enjoyment of the game.

If you don't care for his mods, it is preferable that you simply say "Thank you for your hard work Andrew", then move on your merry way without downloading them. That's what mature and courteous human beings usually do. Show your appreciation for his effort, but pass on using it.

That being said, if you have nothing nice to say, please shut the F*CK up :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greengrifon, youre really a disgusted jerk. Yeah, of course,every designer's work shall be admired. But it doesnt mean we cant express our views and submit the suggestions. Anyone could offer freely his opinions of the MODs released here. I dont say some russian Mod is like a clown. But its not historically accurate basically. We just hope MOD designers could refer to more reliable information before the making of MOD and dont release the totally wrong or obviously inaccurate MODs to mislead the fans. Although we arenot the designers, it doesnt say we have no right to make comments

Andrew TF did a beautiful job modding the early soviet winter uniforms. I spend a lot of time in the past reading books (and looking pictures) of wwII on the eastern front (especially because my ancestors fought near Bjelgorod on the russian side), and saw it looked right from the first pic posted here. Just look at Foxbat's link posted above about the Soviet Camouflage: picture RST2. Then come here and say again that Andrew's mod is not correct if you dare. HAH !

The best uniform mods to date are made by Andrew (in my opinion) and i would DIE to see the late winter ones made by him.

[ December 25, 2002, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: Mr.Poisz ]

Mr.Poisz ,

I dont know what pictures and books you've read. But any guy from russia could tell you the truth and what the uniform it should be in WII for red army. From the time of childhood, I've been interested in russian army in WII and watched lots of pictures or movies which are made by russian themselves. You could also get something from the moives made by some other countries, including the states. But I could tell you what the most ridiculous thing in those moives were the soviet uniform that they put on those performers. I suggest u to get some real stuff or information from russian themselves.

Mr.Poisz ,

I dont know what pictures and books you've read. But any guy from russia could tell you the truth and what the uniform it should be in WII for red army. From the time of childhood, I've been interested in russian army in WII and watched lots of pictures or movies which are made by russian themselves. You could also get something from the moives made by some other countries, including the states. But I could tell you what the most ridiculous thing in those moives were the soviet uniform that they put on those performers. I suggest u to get some real stuff or information from russian themselves.

The link I posted is from a warehouse that sells genuine russian uniforms, including genuine Telogeirka's. This is the real stuff and it''s the real information from the russians themselves.

I haven't seen many russian warfilms (unfortunatly), but my impression is that these are not a 100% accurate representation. Not because the movie-makers don't know their stuff or aren't interested, but because their uniform selection appears based on artistic vision rather than a need for historical accuracy. The uniforms (and general visual outlook) is often chosen to reinforce the general theme of the film.

For example when the film is about Partisans that ultimatly link up with the main army the partisans will have shoddy, make-shift uniforms, while the army soldiers will have clean, late-war uniforms that emphasise the difference between the ragged survivors in the woods and the well-organised, well-outfitted and well deisciplined warmachine that was the Red Army.

It's all part of soviet filmography which has risen from russia's grand theatrical legacy.

Mr.Poisz ,

Put up or shut up. Let's see some of your scans. Otherwise - you are just a troll and I suggest everyone stop responding to him until such time as he ponies up some hard info. Andrew Fox has nothing to prove to any of us as far as I am concerned, he's done that already.