Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Do walls immobilze tracked vehicles???

I've noticed several times that tanks and half tracks becoming immobilzed near or what looks like actually on top of stone walls. I had an armored car become immobile inbetween a wall and some trees without ever even being shot at. Then in the same battle a German Tank Destroyer seemed hung up on top of a stone wall and just sat there while my squad of engineers flung 3 demo charges at it and eventually blew it to smitherines. Do vehicles become spontaneously immobilized without actually being shot or do certain structures hang them up permenantly??? Anyone else seem this happening?? Thanks.

IIRC, halftracks and armored cars cannot cross walls/hedges, only full-tracked vehicles. I would imagine driving a tank over a wall would create the possibility of bogging, but it's not an "all or nothing" deal. (I cross walls with tanks all the time.) I would guess the environmental conditions were something other than "dry" when your AC bogged since the TacAI would have plotted movement around the wall if you gave it a move order across the wall.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

Happened to a King Tiger, don't remember if the screen actually said "bogged" but he just spun the turrent shooting at what he could while he was on a stone wall, until i got a team up to him and knocked him out via side turrent hit. Talk about feeling good!