Gold Beta Sound

Frank

Hey All, Man, what a great sim! I am floored, and ready to buy except for one thing.........I played the sim and it works great, but no sound! frown.gif I have a DELL XPST700r 128MB ram Turtle Beach sound card 10Gig HD running win98 second edition with all the latest drivers! No Clue whats wrong, Never encountered this before! Any help would be appreciated!

------------------

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his" General G.S. Patton Jr.

Which Turtle Beach sound card do you have ? What version of DirectX are you running ? Have you adjusted any of your mixer/audio level controls ? Do you play any other DirectX games and do they play sound correctly ?

If you're running the Montego II here are the latest drivers from Turtle Beach/Voyetra (which may be what you're currently running - the drivers from Dell are older however). Voyetra does suggest that you go to Dell for drivers, so there is a possibility that the following drivers won't work properly.

Montego II Win9x drivers (v. 2046, 12-07-00):

http://www.voyetra-turtle-beach.com/site/kb_ftp/576ftp.asp

Also make sure that you haven't hit "Shift-S" while in CM since this will turn off the audio. You may want to check this setting in CM.

Thanks for the rapid reply, The sound card is the Montego II APPS, the direct X version is 7.0, 4.0700.0716, I checked the mixer levels and they are all middle of the setting, and Yes, I have played other games successfully requiring Direct X, that's what is perplexing me. Will check Shift S in case I did. Frank

Got it!! I cycled the Shift-S key a couple of times and it started to work! Weird, but who cares...I shall place my order soon! Thanks again! Damn, what a sim! Frank

------------------

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his" General G.S. Patton Jr.