Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mac Radeon AGP Graphics Problems?

Greetings all,

I was psyched when I got my Radeon because I knew I could replace my voodoo3 3000 AGP and play combat mission. smile.gif

Anyways, the game seems to run fine, but the dialog boxes don't come up correctly... I just see a pure black box and there's no text inside. This happens when i select a unit and hit "return" (I just get a giant black box up in the upper left corner of the screen with no text inside of it) as well as when I hit "command-q" for quit. Then I just get a black box in the middle with the outline of two smaller boxes inside of it (I assume "yes" and "no", but I can't see any text.) And I'm pretty sure the fog isn't working right either. Screen just comes up white... but I noticed when the fog is working, the text on the dialog box shows up. so hmm... a layering problem or somehting? Anyways else had any problems with the new Mac Radeons?

I'm running a g4/450, single chip...

~Blackbeard "H A R !" smile.gif

It looks like you'll probably have to wait until ATI/Apple release new drivers for the Radeon. The "black" text is a known problem with some of the latest G3/G4/iMac video chips. I guess it may apply to the Radeons too. I wasn't aware of any fog issues on the Mac however.

I'm not sure when the next set of drivers will come out addressing issues for the Radeon. Updated drivers for the latest G3/G4/iMacs should be out within a few weeks (hopefully). If you're really lucky there may be a shared extension that comes out with these drivers that may address your problem on the Radeon, but that probably won't be the case.