Strategy Guide Owners... Please Read!

Thanks guys smile.gif

It is never easy to do what we did, but we like to sleep at night. For us, I don't think any of us would sleep easy if we felt we hadn't put things right.

And as some other had said... the shame of it all is that the guide, without mistakes, would have lead to nothing but praise. The book is REALLY good, just a diamond in the rough right now. We're working on buffing it up smile.gif

Steve

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would probably be a dumb time to post this, but I'm missing about 60 pages from the middle of my guide, and I got TWO versions of the German charts. Clearly, this was no "typo", but a binding error of some sort. I'll be fine with your remedy, though. Thanks BFC.

We still love you man.

Frank

I was actually sorry I ordered it immediately upon release. Especially so when I read there would be a corrected second edition. No longer! Now I can finally find out what "Armor Class: Yes" really means! Class act all the way. Well. Okay. In spite of Matt. *grin*

Hi,

This is very fine service indeed. Almost unbelievable.

As it happens just a few days ago the two Strategy Guides I ordered turned up. No doubt I will now be getting two new ones when all is done. This is very impressive, and I know only too well, these things are not free.

This confirms my view that BFC deliver what can only be called “unfair” competition for other wargames companies. How can they be expected to compete? And of course, they cannot! :D

All the best,

Kip.

Thank you Battlefront!

Top notch service and christmas present all in one. Stuff like this is what has marked me as life time customer from day one back in them early days. You get the customers you deserve!

I whish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

"May your days be merry and briiiiiiiight, and may all your christmases be white ...."

Merry Christmas

As a long time customer and also a long time lurker I would just like to say that this is why I will continue to support Battlefront with my business and even though I havn't purchased the guide I will do so to put a little more money in the till. Great job guys!

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

It is never easy to do what we did, but we like to sleep at night.

Humm... I am disappointed. After all it was not a matter of "costumer service " but only an egoistic decision : all you wanted was..to sleep at night ! :D

Seriously , thanks Battlefront ! The quality of your customer service is as impressive as the quality of your products. You are Great. My Strategy Guide copy just arrived a few days ago ( and it already became a Collector's item ) but I am tempted to order a second one. Any 1st ( and Limited ) edition left ?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Khane

Impressive!

BTW, I've jumped to the end of the thread without reading it all, so this suggestion may already have been made, but let me stress that what this book needed all along is a good COPY-EDITOR. A copy-editor is a person who is incredibly fanatical about comma placement, spelling mistakes, and formatting details, and who imposes that fanaticism on the author (who is usually more concerned with content and a bit casual about this stuff) and the text before it gets published. The author's role is to grumble about all the nit-picky fault-finding, but accept 99% of the copy-editor's suggestions. Typically, the copy-editor comes in to scrutinize the final text before it is set in page proofs.

A good copy-editor has saved my bacon on many occasions, and many excellent copy-editors work on a freelance basis. I would strongly suggest that BTS hire a copy-editor for this reprinting and then use one in all subsequent publications. If a copy-editor was actually used on the Strategy Guide, then obviously, BTS needs to hire a new one, and send the present copy-editor to the great typographical boneyard. ;)

Originally posted by Commissar:

BFC, you are doing it all wrong. Here is what you are supposed to do in cases like this:

1) Deny any mistake claimed.

2) Find a way to blame it on the customer

3) Charge the customer for fixing mistakes you're "supposed to do in the first place

4) Pretend to listen to customer concerns

5) Immediately delete any criticisms about yourself or your game, especially if the criticism is true

6) Call the customer a dork and a moron. They like that stuff and ensures customer loyalty.

If you follow these industry standards, you too can be as beloved as say EA or Freedom Games :D

No, no, no. That wonderful system was, IMO, perfected by Sierra Games. Anyone buy Tribes 2 when it came out? Oh boy...

"The UE Errors are a result of a conflict between drivers on the users own machine. Update your drivers" (but, it happens on all machines, no matter the config).

It seems Battlefronts honesty is winning new orders .... people who had decided NOT to buy the guide are now going to purchase a copy...

But be warned, once other software companies catch on they`ll release a below standard product, then say sorry and offer to fix it for free ..... 'BOOM' a big jump in sales, followed by much admiration by customers and a feeling of "WOW great customer service" :D

Let face it if the vast majority of software companies had a customer service and reputation only half as good as BFC we'd all be much happier.

BFC are clear leaders by a long way !

Lou2000

DAMNIT! There goes another excuse ... "I'd have won but I used the Strategy Guide which was CLEARLY flawed ... I didn't WANT to do those things, heaven knows that I knew better but who am I to argue with the Strategy Guide." Crap ... now I've got to fall back on the old "Well, with a scenario design as CLEARLY flawed as this it's obvious that I didn't have a chance from thet start."

Extraordinary gentleman, thanks from a devoted fan and a constant customer.

Joe

Originally posted by Falcon One:

You guys at Battlefront realy deserve

an extra helping of /snip/ Brussels sprouts /snip/

I think we really want to REWARD BFC

for their efforts, not punish them

[ December 24, 2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]