Posted Tri color Panther D Early model

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

LEIT THESE ARE GREAT! you wouldnt happen to have a link for tac markings for the russian tanks now would ya?

Noob you're killing me. There is something like that in Zaloga's "Eastern Front" which I have not an armslength away.. but my scanner is still defunct :(

If someone else has the book and a working scanner he could scan page 65.

Any word of warning though.. the insignia are 90% the same as those on the decal sheet you already have so don't expect too much smile.gif

ps: I'm going to scan that camo jeep one way or the other and when I get that done I can scan the insignia too if no-one has doen it before that (but it might take a while before I have access to a scanner :( ).

pps: I see I never replied to your latest mail, so here goes (in short) the M39 of the

KV's generally didnt have any markings because they were rarely used pre-war and few M39's lived long enough to see the new Dec 41 brigade structure that was the reason for the tanks getting brigade insignia. With one exception... I have a pic of a KV that I think is an M39 in Leningrad that has some kind of markings.[Scratch that, on second look it's an M41.]

Expect a pic of that M39 and a response to the rest of your mail somewhere tommorrow smile.gif

[ December 28, 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Foxbat ]

oh foxy im still waiting for the camo jeep :D . plus the decal sheet is to small for me to see i need somefink bigger. yeah i kinda i figured the KVM39 was like the T34M40

not to worry your still my ruskie info guy, i still use your site, come to think of it your site is the only site that has info that i need (i liek teh pitures :D )

what about the guards insignia ive seen some pics of the T34M43 with these markings did any other vehicles have the markings

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

oh foxy im still waiting for the camo jeep :D .

It's right in front of me on the desk.. I just don't have a scanner and it's driving me nuts :mad:

plus the decal sheet is to small for me to see i need somefink bigger. yeah i kinda i figured the KVM39 was like the T34M40
The pics (piclettes?) are sorta like thumbnails, they are only 2x2cm (they do have have better detail then the decal sheet) and I'm not sure how well they can be enlarged.. but here's hoping.

not to worry your still my ruskie info guy
You really are a heart-warming kind of guy, always a kind word for anyone.. I'm touched.. That is if you are[ a guy, if you're in reality a woman who makes mods for tanks in a computer game expect my marriage proposal to arrive via express mail :D

, i still use your site, come to think of it your site is the only site that has info that i need (i liek teh pitures :D )
I guess I've found a a nice niche smile.gif But I really should update more often/at all, but I won't have any time until next year :( Luckily that's less than a week from now smile.gif

what about the guards insignia ive seen some pics of the T34M43 with these markings did any other vehicles have the markings
Any tank unit could recieve the honorary guards title, and if they did they would have the right to paint the guards insignia on their tanks. This was not generally done because such insignia tend to stand out or break-up the vehicle's [drab green] cammo, but it was done if the unit thought it was good idea (especially if they had Lend-Lease or captured tanks that friendly AT-gunners may not have been familiar with smile.gif ).

So you could make it an option on all types of tanks except the M39/40 models (no Guards tank units before november 41, by which time all pre-war models were destroyed in combat or abandoned in the now occupied territories).

[ December 28, 2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Foxbat ]

That is if you are[ a guy, if you're in reality a woman who makes mods for tanks in a computer game expect my marriage proposal to arrive via express mail

you have now officially freaked out. me go d/l some nekkid pitures of some purty ladies

So you could make it an option on all types of tanks except the M39/40 models (no Guards tank units before november 41, by which time all pre-war models were destroyed in combat or abandoned in the now occupied territories).

thats all i needed to know