Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Confused about mods

With all the mods starting to appear for CMBB how can I know which ones are correct.Are the uniforms of the 6th Army correct? Are the tank mods correct or does the designer like to play with colors designing a nice looking tank that was not used on the front in Russia. Are the uniforms and other units in the original CMBB game the ones that are correct in history ?

One final thought when will Matt and the crew be ready to put a mod package out like they did for CMBO ?

Not to speak for Madmatt of course, but my guess is that until the patch is released not much should be expected from that quarter.

It seems that most modders are conscientious about accuracy and if something is glaringly off, it would be pointed out.

The best defense of course is to ensure the original bmp is backed up so it can be replaced if it is proven faulty I suppose.

The CMBB version of the amazing CMMOS utility should be forthcoming in the reasonably near future. My guess is that after the patch is available and all of the textures are in place and the game is "settled", the mods and utilities will fall in place.

BDH

I have built WWII models and diaromas, for a while now. I started modding because I like to look up info on various, things pertaining to it. And it looks like fun,(and it is)I'm not certain, but from what I've seen in the past the modders in CM, take it seriously and they will tell you if a mod is not a factual one. I found out a lot of new things in the short time I've been modding. One interesting fact is that the "Wermacht" issued OD green paint to thier armor units, from late 43 on until the end of the war. One more thing, the tanks were camoed mainly in the field, by the tankers, so no one scheme will be exactly like the rest, a lot of the schemes Ive gotten have been through pics. There are some really good modders playing this game, to me that's one of the things I like about it.

Well, this is my opinion (they are like butt holes everyones got one}. From what I have seen the models are pretty darn accurate as far as detail goes. As far as the "new look" well I don't know how many people the had to mad the tanks, but from what I've learned of modding {and I haven't been doing it for very long} it takes a lot of work to mod these babies, they probably would have been working on this game for years to get all the models custom modded, and the game probably would have ended up costing a small fortune to make. :D And hey, now you know why people mod for