Toms new Splashscreens ...now at the CM database ( big preview inside )

Gentlemen ,

the results of a lazy Sunday afternoon....

Splash02.jpg

WWII photos and some propaganda stuff

Splash01.jpg

Battle of Kursk painting.Found this pic on my hard disk. Does anybody know something about the original artist ?

Splash01b.jpg

Same pic as above , but with a more neutral ( less " teutonic " ) font design.

Splash03.jpg

Russian Splash

All screens were designed with Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Imagestyler. More splashs ( winter stuff ! ) are under construction.

You can download the new files from www.cmmods.com , since If have no time to update my own website at the moment.

Cheers

Tom

P.S.: Credits to Alex aka " Pakfan " for the original design and font ideas.

Originally posted by tracer:

they look great!!, but I was wondering if you were going to make these in 800 by 600 res??

Tracer,

it´s simple: load the 11002.bmp into your graphic editor , resize it to 800 x 574 pixel( I hope your paint software has a kind of " smooth " function ) and save it as 11001.bmp into your CM/bmp folder.

Cheers

Tom

"Battle of Kursk painting.Found this pic on my hard disk. Does anybody know something about the original artist ?"

Excellent stuff! Finally it is worth changing the original splash screen. But which one to choose....

The artist you looking for is David Pentland. You can find his paintings ( among others artists) at www.cranston-military-prints.co.uk

Falcon One

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

Say, the flag raising...is that Vienna or Berlin? It's quite a famous photograph I think...but can't remember where it was taken.

It is the Reichstag in Berlin. There is a similar photo on the cover of "When Titans Clashed."

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Great work, Tom. Does the less-teutonic version have the same game buttons? The pic above has none.

The splash screen doesn't affect the buttons. The buttons are separate bmps.

Edit: Well, duh, if I had only read one more post. :rolleyes:

[ December 30, 2002, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]