Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How do humans compare to AI???

I'm about to begin my first PBEM game and I'm curious as to how most human players are compared to the computer generated AI. I know I have a lot of room to improve as a field general, however, I am noticing that I'm not losing scenerios or quick battle against the computer anymore. More times than not I'm pummeling the AI into surrenduring with plenty rounds left in the fight. Does this mean I'm getting good or is the AI just predictable and I'm in for a rude awakening when I take on my first "real" opponent through PBEM???

Humans tend to eat more. And taunt you. smile.gif

The AI is good, but sometimes predictable. (Of course, some humans are, too.)

I think it's more fun knowing there's someone on the other end that's trying to win as much as you.

------------------

Canada: Where men were men, unless they were horses.

-Dudley Do-right

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Humans are much nastier on the defense. They Hide better, ambush better, and renforce trouble spots much better. You sometimes don't see a whole company until you 5m's away , ouch.

AI don't compare to humans is the thing. The AI as it were, for any game out there is limited due to the state of the technology. Nothing to do with BTS or any other major game company. The AI technology is still in an infancy stage. Still crunching numbers at it's base architecture. It cannot think in the abstract. Hence, it is generally better on the defense than offense. Better at crossing open fields, particularly with vehicles, than complex urban settings. And subject ofcourse, to the game architecture itself. Now, in the next 10 to 15 years, hang onto yer hat. But for now, it is the human who can ponder the abstracts of what if I did this, or what if I did that. The AI is just thinking if this, if that. Practice the AI, play the humans.

A "real player" is infinately more unpredictable, cagey and enjoyable (IMHO).

Try an Ops Scenario where you must husband your resources through a campaign...it gets real interesting since you're actions in one 20 turn battle directly impact upon the next (both good and bad)!

I've found a steady PBEM opponent and our games are very enjoyable...much more than against the AI.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

I've never lost a game against the AI

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, admit it. You got whupped the first time you played Chance Encounter as the Germans, just like the rest of us. wink.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska