Still playing BO?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just picked up the combo pack about a week ago

i'm starting by playing CMBO - so i guess i qualify as someone still playing BO since i just started

once i've given BO a good run and played everything on it i want to play - at least initially (since one could quite clearly play the game for quite some time and not exhaust all of the battles out there) - then i'll turn to BB, which at this point i have, but have not installed

i guess basically it came down to wanting to play them in order so as to not be disappointed by BO by playing BB immediately

Still playing CMBO. Will get CMBB when I upgrade the ol' machine. I will still play CMBO, because the Western Front is more interesting to me.

Also playing Strategic Command and Age of Sail II: Privateer's Bounty. Will look at Hearts of Iron after it is patched. Really waiting for a good WWI flight sim to come along.

At present just have and playing BO. I guess I plan on getting BB one of these days but I really prefer the Western Front and am just not all that fired up about playing either side in BB so will stick with BO for now. Another factor at least in my opinion is the way I now have BO looking. The mods that have come out for BO are some of the best possible and it has improved the game for me so much I just can't tear myself away. I really hesitate getting BB and having to look at a lot of the stock stuff although I know that their alot better then what the BO stock looked like. I am however looking forward to some of the new game features in BB but I don't think they will offset the way BO looks so I'll continue BO at least for awhile.

Originally posted by easytarget:

by drop i assume you mean you've played cmbb and decided you like cmbo better and you're playing it instead?

For me it is better to play a finished game which is declared dead from a developer maintainance standpoint.

[ December 03, 2002, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

I'm still playing both. After all, CMBO is the best game ever issued on the Western Front. But I'm starting to get the hang of CMBB and may find myself increasingly focusing on that game.

Two things that have helped me to warm to CMBB:

1. The B & T Stalingrad Pack--great job, guys!

2. The fact that CMBB v. 1.01 allows you to Move to Contact using a cover arc--finally a way to move infantry that is reasonably stealthy without being exhausting!

Bought both, practically at the same time and I'm playing both. I love the Normandy battles, so CMBO is here to stay. And CMBB, more advanced in certain ways, is also great (still waiting on winter uniforms for CMMOS though). As a matter of fact I hardly touch my other games anymore (with the solid exception of Steel Panthers and Medieval Total War). That says it all...