Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

GeForce 3 problem

Just got a brand new system with a 1.4 Ghz Athlon, 512 megs DDR ram and an Asus 8200 Geforce 3 video card. CM runs great but the text that shows the turn numbers, number of men in a squad, etc. seems to be corrupt. I am using Detonator 3 v12.41 drivers from Nvidia. Has anybody seen this before? Any ideas?

From the new soon to be released updated Tech FAQ:

Problem: Video Card is a Nvidia based one (Geforce, Geforce II etc..) and in-game text is blurry or flickering.

Cause/Solution: This issue appears in various Nvidia reference drivers including the newest 12.xx based Detonator 3 drivers. Older 6.50 based drivers seem to work better. Changing the level of Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (sometimes turning it off all together) will also resolve this issue.

Finding these drivers (the 6.50 ones) can sometimes be an exercise in futility but start at www.reactorcritical.com

Madmatt

What they said... Also, you can go to this site: M3DZone and download a program called "NVmax" and go to the DirectX menu then "database options" then check the "FlushAfterBiltEnable" option. This has fixed the problem for me running Win98SE and a Visiontek Geforce 3. I don't know if it helps in WinME or 2K.

At the moment the site is down for "repairs" but you should go to the left side menu and click on "files", then "video cards", then "tools" to get to the current "build" version 2053. For some reason, the newer beta versions don't have the "database" option.

Also, with that good a system, if you have a good, big monitor you could just turn FSAA off and crank the resolution up which I think does as well as FSAA, at least for CM.

Good luck

Guest ckoharik

Actually, I've tried it at 1600x1200 no FSAA and it just doesn't look as good to me on my 19" monitor. I will try the NVMax fix again and see if it does any better the second time.