Hermann Bix

I made a scenario which represent Hermann Bix's succes in 1941 on the eastern front. I made the map according to the way he describes it in the book (Panzer Aces).

I need people to test it for me, so e-mail me if you want to test it and to tell me what you think. Thanx!

Here is the briefing:

Note: This scenario represent an action that took place on the eastern front in September 1941. It represent a Panzer Ace name Hermann Bix and one of his famous engagments.

Sense there are no Russians in this game I choose the Brits as the Russians and their tanks as the Russian tanks. So bare with me, everything will be as if this was 1941.

Title: Bix

Type: German attack (semi-historical)

Date: September 6th, 1941

Weather: Overcast, Snow

Lenght: 45 turns

Best played as: Germans

Also, stick the scenario default set up!!!

It was raining on 6th September 1941 as the panzers grenadiers and tanks of the 4th Panzer Division assembled in Korop under the command of Oberst Eberbach. Battle Group Eberbach, consisting of elements of the 35th Panzer Regiment, the 34th Motorcycle Battalion and the elements of the 49th Antitanks Battalion and the 103rd Artillery Regiment, has been given the assigment of advancing through Korylskoje and Attjuscha and forcing a crossing of the Ssejm River near Baturin. To the left of the battle group, the 33rd Rifle Regiment was to advance through Altynovka and support the river crossing.

The battle began with an artillery duel at a tange of 800 meters. The first enemy positions on the low, extended height near Korylskoye were taken by the motorcycle troops and the panzer grenadiers. First Battalion of the 35th Panzer Grenadier Regiment under Major von Lauchert pushed through this gap, advancing through Attjuscha toward Baturin. However, the motorcycle troops and panzer grenadiers were unable to follow the tanks because enemy resistence unexpectedly flared up again deep in the enemy positions. The tanks roared on alone. On the main road to Baturin they came upon a large enemy column consisting of wheeled and tracked vehicles. The battle began.

"Be careful, Schwartz," warned Unteroffizier Bix as the driver raced the tank uphill, it's motor roaring, "the Russians might be in the village ahead of us." They reached the crest of the ridge at the same time as five other tanks. Before them lay the village. Suddenly there were flashes from the huts, hedges and behind fences. Armor-piercing shells howled toward the tanks.

reference: Panzer Aces, bye Franz Kurowski (translated by David Johnston)