Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Lemonade ? or First Aid ?

Elsewhere in this Forum I have griped a lot about the visual scale and camera view levels of BB making the game rather cumbersome and unenjoyable for me. Others have shared the same opinion.

As a proponent of Franko's True Combat Rules (I play them occasionally) it is quite possible that they are THE way to avoid the scale and view level problems that I do not care for in BB.

Ok. Stop the scoffing.

Seriously.

After all, camera levels 1 and 2 are down in the dirt and on the second floor respectively. That fits right in, even moreso than CMBO.

The newly considered optics enhancements lend themselves to the use of the new 16 X magnification and thus would be allowable.

The flat terrain in many scenarios will make the battles much easier to conduct without having to go to the "god's eye view".

The confusing melee aspect of many Ostfront tank battles (per Panzer Aces) can be appreciated even more from the FTCR view point.

The new command control for tanks will help with locating and controlling those units.

Maybe by trying BB using FTCR right from the start (ok Ive played a couple of short scenarios the 'regular' way) one could really get into it and USED to it and ENJOY it. After all level 1 and 2 IS the way these battles were fought.

The absolutely hardest part of using FTCR is NOT SEEING the whole battlefield and then GETTING OVER the fact that you can't.

I am not advocating this for anyone. But in many ways BB SEEMS to be friendlier to FTCR.

I've got to think more about this and try some small scenarios or QB's to find out.

Even in the mud and muck of things, there always, always something sings .... Toad