Omaha Beach 1:2500 Maps

I still have available if anyone is willing to host them the 1:2500 maps for the Omaha Beach sector in the 1st Infantry Divisions zone. They show all of the German defenses as best worked out by Allied intel prior to the invasion. I sent Ed at Battle Depot some samples (thanks for the suggestion, whoever made it), but I guess he is taking a pass, having never responded at all. I also have a 1:10,000 map of the Hill 192 area in Normandy, which shows every hedgerow, sunken road, sunken path, gate, etc. Cheers.

Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

I am interested in the tactical maps. How big are the files? I have a bit of webspace available.

The composite and each section (6 per map) average about 400k each, so it adds up quickly (2.5MB for sheet 1, for example). There is also a legend, the pieces of which total almost 900k. Of course, one could shrink the image size or resolution, but there is a real price in terms of legibility because these are scans of large-size photocopies of WWII vintage original maps. They look good now but will give you a headache with many corners cut. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rommel22

Sure I can use some maps!

Send them to me!!!!

rommel21@earthlink.net

thanx

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone