New Scenario: 712th At Pfaffenheck

I've posted the second (the first was D-Day: St. Laurent) of what I hope will be a series of scenarios built on the experiences of the US independent tank battalions. (Note: the posting got garbled somehow; the size should be a 3, and the date of the engagement was 16 March 1945.) I find the interplay of small units of armor and the doughs the tanks supported to be endlessly fascinating. Any comments on the scenarios would be appreciated. Cheers.

• 3 months later...

(spoiler!!!)

Hey,

I played this one as the germans (defender), and had a blast, one of my at guns even survived the battle, and I manged a spirited close assault against an immobilized sherman that blew it to bits.

But when the game was over, (axis total victory) I snooped about the map and saw why I'd had such fun.

4 trucks loaded with troops were sitting at the far end of the map. These forces would have really complicated my life, but they didn't move an inch. Any way to fix? or should this be a US only scenario?

Originally posted by Terence:

(spoiler!!!)

Hey,

I played this one as the germans (defender), and had a blast, one of my at guns even survived the battle, and I manged a spirited close assault against an immobilized sherman that blew it to bits.

But when the game was over, (axis total victory) I snooped about the map and saw why I'd had such fun.

4 trucks loaded with troops were sitting at the far end of the map. These forces would have really complicated my life, but they didn't move an inch. Any way to fix? or should this be a US only scenario?

You've got me, man. I find the AI to be a mysterious beasty on the attack. I also find that if you try too many tricks to get it to do a particular thing, that affects the flow across the board. The AI, though, is good at one thing when attacking: I find that if I run the same scenario a bunch of times, it will behave differently. If you play again, those four trucks may come barreling down the road. Cheers.