PBEM and IP

Is it possible to take a game you started PBEM and go live with it mid-stream?

I'm thinking every once and awhile it'd be nice if I managed to hook up with an opponent that I've started a PBEM with to just finished it out live.

You know, you've gotten past the set up and moving forces into position, they've just started to engage en masse and now rather than waiting a day or two per turn to see what happens you fire up the e-mail and tell whomever the opponent is to go live and play it out immediately.

Just occurs to me sometimes that this would be handy.

And the reverse too of course. You get into a live one and then have to break it off for whatever reason. Would be nice to be able to take it to PBEM to finish.

Easytarget,

I've heard this question asked before and IIRC this is not someting that is possible. Agreed that it would be a wonderful feature. Especially for those times when you've invested several weeks and are half way through a PBEM game when your opponent goes AWOL. :confused:

So, I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure you cannot switch back and forth mid-game from PBEM/IP/AI.

It's actually very easy to do. Load your PBEM game and then save it [alt-S]. Exit the PBEM game (without generating a PBEM file) and then load the saved game. When you do so, CM will ask you if you want to play by email, hotseat, or TCP/IP. Take your pick and proceed. The same can be done from a TCP/IP game if you save it while playing.

Happy New Year!

Of course! You are right Ace Pilot. It was late last night when I replied and I was thinking as clear as mud.

Sorry for the misinformation Easytarget, you can load up a PBEM game, save it as a saved game and then re-load it and select any other multiplayer option. I've done it several times before.

However, I'm still pretty sure there's no way to finish out a PBEM game using the AI.