New Splashscreen *MOD* --- Preview

Originally posted by yunfat:

thats pretty tight... you use photoshop or what, if you don't mind my asking?

it would be great to know a little bit about the methodology... like where did you find that font?

Yunfat,

The CM splash title graphic was designed by Pakfan using the famous " Luftwaffe " Font ( you can get it for free from several FONT websites ). I do my graphic designs with Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Imagestyler.

Juju,

I was very busy with my job during the last weeks and spent the few free hours with... ahem... PLAYING CMBB instead of working on mods or my website tongue.gif Hope to find some time in January to do all the missing updates on my site.

Cheers

Tom

Is it just me or is your site so busy that none of the download links work for me because others are snapping up your work?

I've tried numerous times but every time - EVERY time! - I click to download I get an "action cancelled message: "Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable." Doesn't matter what file or mod. None work. Nada. Tried many times over the last two weeks. Same result every time: dead screens.

Anyone else have this problem?

Ian

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by yunfat:

thats pretty tight... you use photoshop or what, if you don't mind my asking?

it would be great to know a little bit about the methodology... like where did you find that font?

Yunfat,

The CM splash title graphic was designed by Pakfan using the famous " Luftwaffe " Font ( you can get it for free from several FONT websites ). I do my graphic designs with Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Imagestyler.

Cheers

Tom</font>

Originally posted by Commissar:

Must say, that is one hell of an impressive splash screen. How about an alternative one with Cyrillic letters?

Hm. Sounds interesting. I could replace the english CM line in some of my title screens, if you're interested. All I need is someone to tell me something in russian... Or do you simply want something "russian-look-alike" with mirrored R's, etc? I've already installed the cyrillic font, so I'm ready to start ;) ...

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

Seems Pakfan stumbled in here by accident ;)

Did you give Tom Permission to use your work? I think there are a few people waiting with the mouse pointer over the refresh button to download this.

Of course I did! First things I did when I came home from my holidays: switch on the PC, dial the internet, check mail and BTS forum ;) - and mailed Tom the permission. I wouldn't dare to stand in the way of anyone who helps improve CMBB ;) .

Originally posted by pakfan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

Must say, that is one hell of an impressive splash screen. How about an alternative one with Cyrillic letters?

Hm. Sounds interesting. I could replace the english CM line in some of my title screens, if you're interested. All I need is someone to tell me something in russian... Or do you simply want something "russian-look-alike" with mirrored R's, etc? I've already installed the cyrillic font, so I'm ready to start ;) ...</font>