Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

mac prob 3D graphics not loading

mac owner here with a problem...CM was working fine(1.12) on my iMac(96 MB ram) until I spilled half of a coke onto my keyboard(doh!). this created many problems with various apps, most of which I remedied after buying a new keyboard.

however, i have not been able to get CM to work properly ever since. the app loads fine, intro movie works, I am able to choose scenarios. the problem comes after I choose to begin a game. after recieving the scenario briefing , when the "loading 3D graphics" screen appears, it stays there, and the graphics and play screen don't load. sound does appear to load properly, as I can hear the sounds of tanks, weather, etc. in the background, but no graphics, no play screen. I have to force quit to get out of CM

I tried reinstalling CM which did not help, and have tried different combinations of extensions to no avail. as i said, it used to work fine with this same machine. any idea of what would cause the graphics to not load properly?

please help!!!

I can't imagine that spilling coke on your keyboard would cause the problems that you're seeing in CM. I can only guess that something else was changed about your system before you had problems with CM. Do you play any other 3D RAVE games on your iMac ?

What OS are you running ? Which iMac do you have ? Did you change anything about your video extensions/control panels ? What version of OpenGL do you have loaded up (this makes a difference with some of the ATI video cards/chipsets) ? The CM 1.12 patch comes with the latest OpenGL extension, which fixes a certain text problem with the ATI Rage 128 chipsets in the latest iMacs and G3/G4s.

What resolution are you trying to run CM at ?

"Do you play any other 3D RAVE games on your iMac ?"

yes, myth 2....loads and runs fine

"What OS are you running ?"

Which iMac do you have ?

333MHZ version

"Did you change anything about your video extensions/control panels ? "

yes, I did foolishly mess around with my extensions/control panels after the initial coke spillage, and my initial thoughts were that thiswas the root of my problem. however, I have been trying different combinations of extensions all afternoon, to no avail. I have tried turning on every extension, and tried bare bones approaches, yet the problem persists...

"What version of OpenGL do you have loaded up (this makes a difference with some of the ATI video cards/chipsets) ?

i put 1.21openGL that came with CM1.12 in my extensions folder and activated it

"What resolution are you trying to run CM at ?"

i have tried multiple settings(640X480,800X600,1024X768....seems to make no difference)

i think it may still be an extensions/control panels issue, but even with everything turned on the graphics will not load...hours of adjustments have not helped, but perhaps I'm missing something obvious

this is so frustrating...any more ideas?