Squads forward Support units hold back

I want my rifle squads to move forward and my squad support units (mortar and piat) to hold back and wait or to move somewhere else. If I select the leader, everyone moves forward. If I deselect the piat or mortar to wait or move somewhere else, the rifle squads become deselected.

A corollary to this situation. If I order a platoon to move forward, will the AI move the rifle squads ahead of the leader so he doesnt take first fire? Not sure how to do this so it works out right, except by moving individual units.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

I want my rifle squads to move forward and my squad support units (mortar and piat) to hold back and wait or to move somewhere else. Not sure how to do this so it works out right, except by moving individual units.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how to do it. =)

The group move feature was added by popular request. I really only use it in the beginning when i tend to have stuff set up like this .. oh, [] is a squad .*. a platoon commander and ! a bazooka

[] [] []

! .*.

Then i'd select them and just tell 'em all to run forward to the nearest trees. After the first turn or so it's best to move each squad individually, it's safer for them and provides better results.

PeterNZ

This is exactly what I needed to know !!!!

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DmanTblad:

If you hold down the shift key and then click on the units that you don't want to move, they will become unselected. You also can use the shift key to add units in this manner.

Hope this helps<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>