Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM on old iMac w/ V2?

this game looks great from everything i've seen. i'd love for it to work. i'd definitely get a copy.

i'm trying to see if anyone's gotten it to work with the older breed of iMacs using the microconversions voodoo2. i get through all the set up screens, but it seems to hang on its way to using the 3d card.

for the record, i've got both the old microconversions drivers around, plus the 3dfx ones that sometimes work. i can get my funky old card to play a number of games. sure hope CM turns out to be one of them....

thanks.

What resolution are you running in ? I would suggest 640 x 480 and maybe 800 x 600. You may want to pull out the GLIDE extensions and make sure you have the latest QuickDraw RAVE extension for your Voodoo (you may have to use Microconversion's).

Some other people on this board have this card. I believe it is working for them in some manner, but it seems to be a resolution question (possibly due to the limited VRAM on the card).

thanks for the quick reply. it's good to hear some other people have made it work. i believe i tried to go at 640 x 480, but i'm not sure.

i have never successfully used the RAVE drivers, so if that's what it takes, i may have found my problem. there's no other game i've played that i had to go with RAVE.

if anyone that's used this card successfully could let me know, i'd appreciate it!