British 25 pdr photo

Originally posted by rune:

Look at the 4th picture down at this web site. I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't quite look right with the 25 pdr.

Things that struck me immediately: (1) It has a split trail carriage; (2) it appears to lack the turntable, although from the angle the picture was taken, that can't be certain. The barrel also seems a trifle long and the baffle on the muzzle just isn't right.

What else?

Michael

It's really a 17 pdr. Explains a great deal, really. Lego for war pigs! On a more serious note, back when Lego barely had wheels we used to make Lego warships and "torpedo" them with wooden spools fired from a Remco bazooka whose mechanism was intact but whose tube portions, being cardboard, didn't handle rain at all. The baseboard in the bedroom had lots of divots!

Memories!

Regards,

John Kettler

Hey Jons,

Do you have anything opn the fighting at Rimini Airfield in Sept 1944? Going to have the Greek [French? for the scenario], supported by C Squadron 18 Armoured Regiment minus 12 Troop and the 6 Platoon from 22 NZ Battalion. Appreciate anything you may have.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Look at the 4th picture down at this web site. I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't quite look right with the 25 pdr. Also the 88mm in the first photo looks sweet.

25 pdr

Rune

PS Found this while researching for a new scenario

And what might the name be of this new, no doubt wildly uneven scenario? "The Rabid Wildebeests of the Serengetti Meet Little Tiny Plastic Toys of the Third Reich"?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

What about Lincoln Logs?

Yep, yep. Erector Set too. Plus two different kinds of plastic bricks. I used to combine plastic bricks with the erector set and make forts. I'd put my toy soldiers on the ramparts and then knock them down with my toy canon. I was a military genius at ten.

Michael

Originally posted by stoat:

I still have a basement full of Legos.

Yeah, but you're still a kid, so that's all right. As soon as you get your driver's license though, you better take them down and donate them to Good Will, or the cool chicks won't go with you, if you know what I mean.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

I still have a basement full of Legos.

Yeah, but you're still a kid, so that's all right. As soon as you get your driver's license though, you better take them down and donate them to Good Will, or the cool chicks won't go with you, if you know what I mean.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by JonS:

Why do americans call them legos :confused: It's lego, for cripes sake.

I was always under the impression that "legos" was the plural of "Lego." As in, 'I just had three legos surgically removed from the sole of my foot', as opposed to "I just had three lego surgically removed from the sole of my foot.

However, Mr. Emrys seems to have been incorrect in his usage, but that is hardly a newsworthy announcement.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Plus two different kinds of plastic bricks.

Michael

"Two different kinds of PLASTIC BRICKS..."

But not Legos. No, no, no. World of difference between plastic bricks and Legos. You were ABOVE Legos, weren't you Michael? Only plastic bricks for you, eh? :rolleyes: