Anyone tried this...?

A thought occurred to me after watching a particularly life-affirming movie file (in CMBB an enemy SU-85 was simultaneously dispatched to the third circle of hell by a 'schreck and a Stug III).

Has anyone ever thought of providing free and accessible server space to store game files (i.e. .txt pbem movie files) with passwords so that people could download and watch them?

I know there would be some problems, obviously most people (like me) use the same password for every game and so would have to switch things up. But it sure would be cool.

You're forgetting the vast array of people who wouldn't necessarily want their most humiliating moments available in an archive, you bugger!

What, should I have to have thousands gloating over my most horrendous moments of being spanked by useless gits like Lars, Boo Radley, and MrSpkr?

Well should I?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

What, should I have to have thousands gloating over my most horrendous moments of being spanked by useless gits like Lars, Boo Radley, and MrSpkr?

Well should I?

From rare snippets of coherent thought that have escaped from various <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>, I had the impression that you send turns at, shall we say politely, a glacial pace. I've always assumed that by now you have some almost-completed CMBO games, some halfway-completed CMBB games, and some barely-started CMAK games. Are you claiming that you have actually completed games? This calls for a complete reevaluation of your turn-sending SKILZ!! :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Well should I?

From rare snippets of coherent thought that have escaped from various <font size=1>penguins</font size=1>, I had the impression that you send turns at, shall we say politely, a glacial pace. I've always assumed that by now you have some almost-completed CMBO games, some halfway-completed CMBB games, and some barely-started CMAK games. Are you claiming that you have actually completed games? This calls for a complete reevaluation of your turn-sending SKILZ!! :D:D </font>

Originally posted by Konstantine:

A thought occurred to me after watching a particularly life-affirming movie file (in CMBB an enemy SU-85 was simultaneously dispatched to the third circle of hell by a 'schreck and a Stug III).

Has anyone ever thought of providing free and accessible server space to store game files (i.e. .txt pbem movie files) with passwords so that people could download and watch them?

I know there would be some problems, obviously most people (like me) use the same password for every game and so would have to switch things up. But it sure would be cool.

The Scenario Depot already has a place to put AARs. How about movie files as well!!?

You're forgetting the vast array of people who wouldn't necessarily want their most humiliating moments available in an archive, you bugger!

Well should I?

After all, the sheer repetition of the files would rapidly show that fighting any one of us would merely be a study of foregone conclusions.

In other words, we thump you with monotonous regularity.

(snip) ...it could turn out that I'm your father.

NOOOOOOO!!! Now I know how Luke Skywalker felt. This may be even worse. At least Darth Vader didn't talk too much, and he never quoted obscure poetry and lyrics. He didn't even live in Minnesota. :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: