Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

*new mod* Panther G winterised

Wicky

Originally posted by GSX:

I use MCMMM. Downloaded file, then went to install, said nothing was done. Then checked against installed BMP (which is nothing obviously) got message invalid BMP there. Re-tried and same happened, any suggestions?

Might be a couple of things:

1) They are photoshopped bmps saved as PSD then resaved as bmps. Can you get info on a file? What does it say about it? Normally cmmods changes files into a generic bmp file type, possibly it's stuck as a photoshop bmp. If so can you open them with any image editing app on your PC and resave them.

2) Not sure how MCMMM works as I don't use it. Have you installed any other mods OK

3) Suzuki owner mmm... VTR myself ;)

To other mods sluts - Have you nstalled it with / without problems ?

Ahh! These aren't formatted for CMMOS* which is another subject altogether. CMMODS is the repositery website where you downloaded them from.

*PC File switching program but you said you have MCMMM which does the same thing but by a completely different method . Are you trying to use two file switching programs?

Now I'm not sure what is going on :confused:

Originally posted by GSX:

By cmmods, do you mean cmmos? Not sure if you do. Only the download said cmmos not compatible, excuse my ignorance here.

Nope MCMMM here, I did download them from CMMODS. I have had no problems with any other file and have used MCMMM for ages. I am not trying to use 2 switcing Progs as I only use MCMMM. Should they just be added to the bmp folder then and unzipped to there?

Yeah just bung it in your bmp/data folder and see what happens - It shouldn't overwrite any files, as winterised vehicles uses a different numbering convention to the stock bmps (+5000).

*fingers crossed*

Remember its a Panther G (not late) model that'll become apparent when ground conditions are set to snow

Can't get it to show up in the old fashioned 'dumping it in the BMP folder'. I can only view 62946, 62953, 62954 with MS paint and XP preview thingie, every other BMP won't open. Two downloads. Hmmm.

I'd like to hear from people who've had this one working please. Not that looking at the Lucky Strike summer skins is a burden I can't put up with. smile.gif

Give it a try again - Not sure what's up as they show up for me as can be seen in my screenie - I've put up a new folder after resaving them in another image program not as windows Bitmaps but as generic bitmaps without the file preview.

All done the same way in PS7 as I did the previous allied mods

Ho hum

I'll put on hold uploading anymore until this one works

Originally posted by junk2drive:

The new one works.

The zip has an extra mac file for every bmp.

I just tell McMMM to skip them.

Looks great next to somebody's VG late with snow from BO.

Marvellous! Not sure where the xtra files came from as the original folder was 2.1mb and the new one is 1.7mb due to the missing file previews...

Guess what I was working on next.

It's just like England playing a 5 day test for a draw tongue.gif

Thanks for fixing this. smile.gif I think ( I'm not sure about this as it's been a while ) but Bogdan's CMBB winter Panthers may work. I haven't played with them but have looked at them { some time ago } to check out what they looked like in the game & they looked fine( no pinkies, etc ).

[ December 31, 2004, 02:23 AM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Well spotted Rob - I couldn't find them earlier, Bogdans Panthers look fine and should transfer over to CMAK. I'll finish dusting off the Late G and look around for what else needs doing - Maybe back to the dusty Sherms with the bloody difficult rounded hulls and turrets *weeps*

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Thanks for fixing this. smile.gif I think ( I'm not sure about this as it's been a while ) but Bogdan's CMBB winter Panthers may work. I haven't played with them but have looked at them { some time ago } to check out what they looked like in the game & they looked fine( no pinkies, etc ).

Snowy vs Whitewash

Most of the Bulge scenarios are in mud or light snow. IMO ww and white smocks would not be used unless the ground was white and expected to stay that way. I prefer to use the snowy mods.

I tried using CMBO snowy ambush 251s but the engine uses different bits of the bmps to cover the 3d frames. I have a 251/9 that is ok. I will work on the PZIVJ this weekend.

I'm not a grog but there is a lack of tri color and ambush for CMAK and snowy versions.

So Wicky, if you are looking for a project, snowy German AFVs please smile.gif

And Allied guns.