***Announcing CMNormandy***

OK, here goes:

This uber-Mod contains my favorite picks of the available mods to obtain a Normandy specific look. This mod pack contains terrain only (well flags and splash screen to). Now a number of you are mod sluts and have already done such a project for your game, this is aimed at the non-sluts. The great advantage is that you can get it all at once from one place.

This uber-mod is intended to represent the Normandy area from June through August of 1944. No new snow mods. Since over half of the scenarios made for CMAK that deal with ETO battles are set in Normandy, there are a lot of reasons to have a stand alone Normandy game.

And it looks like this:

28md.th.jpg

34ej.th.jpg

49bs.th.jpg

cmnormandy47hj.th.jpg

Instructions for Installing CMNormandy:

1. Reinstall your CMAK game. When prompted for what directory to put your game in change

"Battlefront" to "BattlefrontNormandy" and "Combat Mission Afrika Korps" to "CMNormandy". You will be prompted again for a destination change "CMAK" to "CMNormandy". Let the game install. You now have another copy of CMAK on your computer called CMNormandy.

2. If you have heavily modded your CMAK or CMETO game to include tanks/vehicles/uniforms,

etc. You will now want to transfer your modded BMPs to CMNormandy. Go to your CMAK or CMETO

BMP file and "Copy" the files you want (you could copy all the BMPs if you want) then go to your CMNormandy BMP file and paste them in.

3. Go to the CMNormandy "Scenarios" folder and delete all the scenarios (they are all North

Africa and Italy scenarios). Transfer all your June through August scenarios that you have

collected in CMAK or CMETO into the CMNormandy Scenarios File. Go to CMMODs and Proving Grounds

to get more.

4. Go to the following site http://www.tspindler.de/cmn_mod/

5. Download the CMNormandy ftp file to your downloads folder. Extract the zipped file directly into your CMNormandy BMP folder and answer "Yes to all". Note: The extracted zip may form it's own folder inside your CMETO BMP folder. If it does you will need to open that folder and copy all the BMPs and paste directly into your primary CMETO BMP folder and answer "Yes to all" when prompted.

6. If you need 1944 uniforms, go to my CMETO site and grab them. Follow the instructions given in "5" above. (A link to CMETO will follow soon). Or you can find them all at CMMODs.

You are now done and have, in effect, a new game to play (sorry still no Tiger II's or

Cromwells).

Until such time as a real artist takes on this project you are stuck with with my clumsy cut

and paste technique. The concept for this Ubermod was from some of the feedback I got

from CMETO comments. I play the June through August scenarios on CMNormandy and September

through the duration on CMETO.

None of the original artwork in this Ubermod is mine, I simply cut and paste.

I would like to thank the following true artists for their excellent work:

Tanks-A-Lot - Small buildings, CMBO grass, Summer trees (textures for Medium Bldgs).

Gurra - Shacks (he let me mod two of them to make them look more Normandy)

Juju - 3D Tree Bases, City Buildings, trim for Medium Bldgs (could not have made

without that trim)

Undaunted - High Res Skies

MikeyD - Normandy Skies

Junk2Drive - Wire fences (slightly modded)

Magua - Paving

WindyCity - Paved City Streets (modded to make sidewalks match Pavement).

Vincent - Splashscreen

Grunt - Flying Flags

MikeyD - Providing smoke damage to medium sized damaged buildings

I would like to thank Junk2Drive for his encouragement and sage advice, George Mc for

playtest and Torsten for setting up the URL.

I hope you enjoy this CMNormandy look as much as I have,

DavidI

[ August 28, 2005, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: David I ]

MikeyD,

Let me know what you think. I have, arrhmm, ah, modded my copy... looks over both shoulders, then down at feet .... with, er, your Normandy Skies. Should have used them in the first place!

Not as high res as Undaunted's, but endless fields streching to the horizon, really, really adds to the feel. If I can, is it all right with you if I use your mod in CMNormandy? Better late than never.

David

[ August 19, 2005, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: David I ]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

David I and troops,

Speaking of Normandy, did you happen to see the two part History Channel special on the 502 P.I.R. (the Brothers in Arms tie-in) yesterday? The two programs featured tons of ground truth clear footage (period B&W, including overheads, and modern hi-res color) of the area where the 502 fought. The fidelity of the in-game renderings to the actual places and structures was most impressive.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...