Theaters of War for CMx2

poppy

BF probably intends to use CMx2 in several theaters of WW2 and in more than just WW2. Maybe another series of three like the present CM. I would like to see [CMBO] in the new CMx2 with maybe another smaller theater like Burma, which probably would not stand on its own , included in the same game. This could be done with China in WW2, the South Pacific theater which was large geographly but smaller in scope as far as the infantry goes, not much armor either, could be combined with another theater like Italy or?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CM1 engine is pretty armor heavy. I wonder if they'd actually be willing to invest in armorless (or armor light) theaters with the new engine. After all, with armor there's a 1918 cut-off point, but if you leave armor out of the equation that opens up the game to everything going back to the Civil War (much before the Civil War you've got units fighting in formal lines and squares which is not very compatible with CM as we know it).

They may do their change of the opinion sometimes but only as it is appropriate to the opinions held and not the opinions tendered. As it stands, answers are in short supply these days from the devs so your question remark disregarding the proffer of such answer is largely not irrelevant insomuch as it is, in the sense of the indictment, self-relevatory.

Originally posted by Lucho:

I heard again and again that Battlefront is not willing to make a Pacific theater.

What has got to happen, so that they will change their opinion?

What has got to happen is that people start quoting us correctly smile.gif We said that there will be no Pacific Theater with the *current* CM engine. Nobody has said anything about the *new* engine. tongue.gif

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lucho:

I heard again and again that Battlefront is not willing to make a Pacific theater.

What has got to happen, so that they will change their opinion?

What has got to happen is that people start quoting us correctly smile.gif We said that there will be no Pacific Theater with the *current* CM engine. Nobody has said anything about the *new* engine. tongue.gif

Martin </font>

CMX2 was, I believe, "presented" as being a platform for potentially many battlefieds, even eras.

I suppose most us CM afficienados are keen to see what the first of those battlefields will be and whether or not it will be our personal favourite.

However, if CMX2 is indeed a flexible, modular engine, then even if the first offering is not to an individual's taste perhaps it won't take too long to produce new battlefields to suit, eventually, most tastes.

The build-up has been somewhat subdued, compared to that surrounding CMBO, which was a very exciting time but I dare say there will be some news in due course.

My prediction, FWIW, is that we will initially see a return to the Western front but covering both 1940 and 1944. Anyone taking bets?

Cheers

Jim

Oooooh, another CMX2 hint! If CM is willing to consider the Pacific for the new game engine perhaps that means the new game engine is going to be able to handle water?

Maybe we're thinking too small. What's to stop them from creating an engine that can handle 3-D working polygons of LSTs, cruisers, and destroyers as well as APCs, tanks and armored cars? The question is how would they handle eight mile direct fire engagement ranges?

all this talk of the new engine is both exciting and frustrating. makes me wonder just how far along they are. would be nice to see a bone here and there. on the other hand, 1c and codemasters threw us all kinds of bones on wtc and now it looks like they've hit a snag. better to keep us guessing until they're sure the new game is getting close...

If the first module of cmx2 is not ww2 based I will be very upset.It makes perfect sense to re-visit the western-front,its the most popular of all war game fronts.BFC knows this and they are a business.It would be foolish to have CMX2 Korea or

the civil war, I would love to see cmx2 Vietnam in the future.

I would say that CMx2 will trod the same proven path, 1944 Europe. That is probably the most popular with Americans and I suspect that Americans are the majority of the game buyers.

Hopefully there will be more flexibility in the editor and it will be easier to do "other" fronts.

I really want my Spanish Civil War! But will take NW Europe with a big smile....

Originally posted by tooz:

I just want CMx2 released in my lifetime. ;)tongue.gif

I support that. :cool:

I am very happy that they are working to enhance the 3D environment and can't wait to see the results. That alone will go a long way in renovating the simulator.

To keep the guessing going, even if I'd like WWII best, I'll support (read: buy) almost anything. Just about any conflict in the 20th century would be worth simulating, although 1915-1917 positionnal warfare could be a little tricky:

Originally posted by thisguy:

- "Hey guys I'v been playing this cool scenario on the Chemin des Dames, it was like at ten battalions assault, huge arty support, very messy ground. I got a total victory with 85% losses. Boy, those 100 yards were long indeed!

- 85% losses ? How'd you do that ? I could not achieve anything below 96% losses ? Please write an AAR !

Cheers