AT Gun deployment discussion

Macphail

Im a pretty big believer in a well placed AT gun being more than worth its cost. my stupid question today is, can i get the crew to drag it into a building to set it up? there is a nice building right where the road curves, and im pretty sure tommy is coming down that road, i want to welcome him properly. if anyone has some good AT gun tips, let me know. still pretty new to this game, and my only other AT gun experience was getting my 88 wacked before it was even set up (some kind of air strike, i heard them, but never saw them...straffing, i think). anyway, i have set up a QB with a battalion of mechanized SS vs Random, and they have attached 3 75's for me. my plan is to deploy some advanced HMG's via trucks, and if any of the trucks escape (survive), they will assist the remainder of D company to support that effort, while the main body of infantry deploys into position on foot. this plan was successful before, and resulted in a victory, but most of my trucks got destroyed by his AC's. the trucks all bunched up on the road, and before they could sort out who goes first, well, i think you can all envision a bunch of confused drivers coming under fire, there was fire and screaming and running, and my battalion was subsequently on foot.

anyway, any comments on this would be welcome.

i also have some questions about command units, unless there is another good thread about it. im a bit confused about how to best use the platoon leaders, company leaders, and battalion commander to their best advantage.

thanks guys.

This is more for the Tips and Tricks forums, where he just had two threads about AT guns.

A few things to remmeber:

try to place them in trenches, foxholes are too weak in CM.

Keyhole them if you can, don't be reachable from too many positions where tanks or artillery observers hang out.

In theory you should get TRPs for them, but the TRPs in CM are way too small to be of any use. Any halfway fast tank crosses them in less time than the gun takes to go through the targetting procedure and there is no pre-targetting with just pulling the trigger.