Is everyone aware..

That in a PBEM, if your opponent has ceasefired, you can ceasefire then look at the "autosave" of the turn which will show you the end results of the game.

You could then return to his previously sent turn, not ceasefire, do your turn & be informed on where his units were.

I emailed Matt about this and he said it was not a bug as the game was over by then. However I do feel like it's open to abuse.

Just make sure ceasefires are agreed before either party initiates them with people you don't know/trust.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

I don't follow how it can be open to abuse. If your opponent has submitted a ceasefire he is indicating he no longer wants to continue. How does not accepting his CF change that?

I think the idea is that you accept it, look at the end-game posns, then reload, decline it, and carry on with now perfect info about you opponent.

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

I don't follow how it can be open to abuse. If your opponent has submitted a ceasefire he is indicating he no longer wants to continue. How does not accepting his CF change that?

I think the idea is that you accept it, look at the end-game posns, then reload, decline it, and carry on with now perfect info about you opponent. </font>

Originally posted by Other Means:

By continuing and getting a higher score. I'm not saying anyone would necessarily do it but in some form of ladder play I could see where it might happen.

Cheating and otherwise unfair gaming practices being used in ladder games!!!!

Get out

The only reason to secretely cease fire is never.
I disagree. The point of the secret ceasefire mechanism is that you don't give away to your opponent the fact that you would like a ceasefire, because it may encourage them to keep going.

Looks like there may need to be one more Email exchange to rule this out...

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

I wouldn't really say it was a bug but people do need to know about it.

Which is my way of saying "bump" for the saturday crowd.

I think it is a bug, and it would be better if people didn't know about, since then they couldn't abuse it. </font>

I don't know if I would call it a bug. More of a loophole in the game system. To me, there is a difference.

Sound slike the guys at BF.C never thought about this particular cheat, and I can understand why, I'd never have thought of it myself, either.