Graphics error?

I was talking to madmatt (i get the same bug), he said it was probably my VRAM. I have the same imac with ati rage 128, CMAK requires a 16 meg card and mine is only 8 (but it was the same for cmbb, which runs fine).

The thing that puzzles me is that CMBB ran fine with no black thingos, and most of the CMAK terrain is the same resolution as CMBB's, especially stuff that should give me trouble (eg grass, tree bases, buildings)

Here is a screenshot: cmak2.jpg

I am thinking it is probably my VRAM also, I heard someone say there is no more downsampling?

Also, I tried switching to a lower res grass, that didn't do it. Going to try a few more things.

yup that is what I see too

I'm on a G4 TiBook 400 mHz

but the game Demo seems to run fine smile.gif

thanks

-tom w

Originally posted by Sidewinder:

I was talking to madmatt (i get the same bug), he said it was probably my VRAM. I have the same imac with ati rage 128, CMAK requires a 16 meg card and mine is only 8 (but it was the same for cmbb, which runs fine).

The thing that puzzles me is that CMBB ran fine with no black thingos, and most of the CMAK terrain is the same resolution as CMBB's, especially stuff that should give me trouble (eg grass, tree bases, buildings)

Here is a screenshot: cmak2.jpg

I am thinking it is probably my VRAM also, I heard someone say there is no more downsampling?

Also, I tried switching to a lower res grass, that didn't do it. Going to try a few more things.

Hi tom, can i ask what kind of video card you have?

EDIT: Yes, the demo runs fine for me too, no worse than CMBB framerate wise (which ran only slightly worse than CMBO modded up), except for those black areas.

EDIT#2: Here are some before and after pics:

Before cmbo/cmbb mods:

cmak.jpg

After:

cmak4.jpg

I forgot to mention i also threw in mikeyd's half res doodads from cmbb where applicable.

[ November 19, 2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Sidewinder ]

Almost no probs here with my G4 Mac, especially not around marshe tiles, but the mouse cursor itself looks a bit strange. Behind the familiar arrow is a black square about the size of the arrow. Everything else works fine, I'm happy to say, and the cursor glitch is only minor.

Lads, can you always mention what video card you are running?

I was one of the Mac testers, but I had the Radeon 7000 32MB AGP in my G4/400. Because I don't like ripping electronics products in and out, I never tried the beta with the original 16MB card.

On the 32MB Radeon 7000 I usually did not seem to get downsampling, when checking the debug code (I did not do that all the time when I ran it though).

I had no trouble with black spots, no trouble with the mouse cursor, and very light trouble with fractured graphics in the interface (but nothing serious).