**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WWB:

I am not really in the business of editing AARs as well, I just PDF and post what Holien sends me.

WWB

PS: Site is up now, visit this page for details. Note that there are still a fair amount to post, but rest assured they will get up there.

Probably a stupid question but how does one go about gaining access to this website? How do you go about registering? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jim R. </font>

I am not really in the business of editing AARs as well, I just PDF and post what Holien sends me.

WWB

PS: Site is up now, visit this page for details. Note that there are still a fair amount to post, but rest assured they will get up there.

Probably a stupid question but how does one go about gaining access to this website? How do you go about registering? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jim R. </font>

WWB

Regards

Jim R. </font>

Thanks John, but I guess not as fearsome as some of these other Titans.

I’ll do my best to hold my own though. ;)

I agree about the 50 turns being a concern especially if your playing someone on the other side of the globe, then it can be a real trick for doing more than one email a day or trying to TCP.

My two cents would be for the designers to either limit the turns to whatever one email a day equates to in the time allotted or extend the tournament deadline.

That said, a true RoW warrior will improvise and find a way to complete the task even if it means taking a vacation in Australia, telling the wife you’ll be right back and zoom over to Pace Stick’s house for some one on one. smile.gif

Kingfish,

Did you send anything to me or just to my opponents?

The reason I ask is I haven’t received anything yet (11am EST)

I agree about the 50 turns being a concern especially if your playing someone on the other side of the globe, then it can be a real trick for doing more than one email a day or trying to TCP.

My two cents would be for the designers to either limit the turns to whatever one email a day equates to in the time allotted or extend the tournament deadline.

That said, a true RoW warrior will improvise and find a way to complete the task even if it means taking a vacation in Australia, telling the wife you’ll be right back and zoom over to Pace Stick’s house for some one on one. smile.gif

Kingfish,

Kingfish,

Originally posted by Nabla:

Kanonier,

I'm not sure how you get the .22. Have you read the part about the nonlinear scoring curve from the Nabla system manual?

Here's the trace of your scores for the different scenarios (as given by the scoring program). The first five lines show the original CM results (as read by the program), while the last five lines show your scores for each of the individual scenarios (as computed by the program by using the nonlinear scoring curve after the results have been normalized).

O.K., thanks for clarifying. Far be it for me to argue with the guy who actually designed the scoring programme. ;)

Regards

Jim R.

Kanonier,

I'm not sure how you get the .22. Have you read the part about the nonlinear scoring curve from the Nabla system manual?

Here's the trace of your scores for the different scenarios (as given by the scoring program). The first five lines show the original CM results (as read by the program), while the last five lines show your scores for each of the individual scenarios (as computed by the program by using the nonlinear scoring curve after the results have been normalized).

O.K., thanks for clarifying. Far be it for me to argue with the guy who actually designed the scoring programme. ;)

Regards

Jim R.

Kanonier,

Regards

Jim R.

Tychus,

Please check your E-mail.

Holien,

Your ground rules were perfectly clear, and I have no issue with them, regardless of the why.

WWB,

I wasn't asking either of you to do what I'd call an edit on my AARs. Rather, I was trying to find out whether there was a way you might be able to

simply insert a screenshot (using my separately supplied, properly sized and labled JPEGs, one per scenario) into my three AARs each lacking one. I thought that this might, perhaps, be doable once the text had been converted to HTML. Failing that,

I was looking for another way in which I could make my missing screenshots available on the AAR site. I thought this would help the overall AAR program.

Apparently, though, my idea won't fly. The troops

will have to live with the consequences of my computer problems/technical ignorance.

Regards,

John Kettler

Tychus,

Holien,

Your ground rules were perfectly clear, and I have no issue with them, regardless of the why.

WWB,

I wasn't asking either of you to do what I'd call an edit on my AARs. Rather, I was trying to find out whether there was a way you might be able to

simply insert a screenshot (using my separately supplied, properly sized and labled JPEGs, one per scenario) into my three AARs each lacking one. I thought that this might, perhaps, be doable once the text had been converted to HTML. Failing that,

I was looking for another way in which I could make my missing screenshots available on the AAR site. I thought this would help the overall AAR program.

will have to live with the consequences of my computer problems/technical ignorance.

Regards,

John Kettler

Tychus,

Holien,

WWB,

Regards,

John Kettler

WWB,

Tried to go to the site and got this

PHP Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need

permission to view its data., SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect in D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 288 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link

resource in D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\ROWIVAARs.php on line 10 PHP Warning: odbc_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\ROWIVAARs.php on line 11 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 102 PHP Warning: odbc_result(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 103 PHP Warning: odbc_result(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 104 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 74 PHP Warning: odbc_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 75 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 74 PHP Warning: odbc_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 75 PHP Warning: odbc_close(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 216

Nice header, though.

Regards,

John Kettler

WWB,

PHP Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need

permission to view its data., SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect in D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 288 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link

resource in D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\ROWIVAARs.php on line 10 PHP Warning: odbc_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\ROWIVAARs.php on line 11 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 102 PHP Warning: odbc_result(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 103 PHP Warning: odbc_result(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 104 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 75 PHP Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

D:\hshome\wbarnett\bootsandtracks.com\Includes\pageclass.inc.php on line 75 PHP Warning: odbc_close(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in

Nice header, though.

Regards,

John Kettler

WWB,

Nice header, though.

Regards,

John Kettler