**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

Greetings Holien

I don't visit these forums very much (stupid work !!!) and very much miss all the Banter. As I mentioned in a previous e-mail to you and Kingfish...I suffered from a HD failure and had to start from scratch (including trying to find a stupid Word program for the AAR's). I have none of my previous turns to rely on and very little time to work on them anyway (the AAR's). As it looks like I might advance to the finals, and since I owe it to the Forum community...I will work like a dog to finish my AAR's from memory, on the 21 June. It just so happens that the Prime Minister of my Country (who stupidly called an election following a Federal scandal) is having lunch (emergency meeting to try and salvage some votes) at my place of employment...also on 21 June (which was my only day off). So even he is conspiring against me to finish the AAR's again.

I don't know when the deadline is for the AAR's timewise...but I promise to have them to you by mid-nite EST 21 June.

Thanks

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Holien

I don't visit these forums very much (stupid work !!!) and very much miss all the Banter. As I mentioned in a previous e-mail to you and Kingfish...I suffered from a HD failure and had to start from scratch (including trying to find a stupid Word program for the AAR's). I have none of my previous turns to rely on and very little time to work on them anyway (the AAR's). As it looks like I might advance to the finals, and since I owe it to the Forum community...I will work like a dog to finish my AAR's from memory, on the 21 June. It just so happens that the Prime Minister of my Country (who stupidly called an election following a Federal scandal) is having lunch (emergency meeting to try and salvage some votes) at my place of employment...also on 21 June (which was my only day off). So even he is conspiring against me to finish the AAR's again.

I don't know when the deadline is for the AAR's timewise...but I promise to have them to you by mid-nite EST 21 June.

Thanks

Greetings Holien

Thanks

Is that the same Deathdealer that I butted heads against so many years ago with CMBO? The Scandanavian Terror? The Finish Assassin? We first met in a 1500 pt Quick-Battle Tournament over at another web-site. I had the 4 Panthers...you had the AT-Guns...you won!!! The only reason Scipio passed you on the ladder was because he scored enough points from all his losses? I have not seen your name at any ladder or Tourney since CMBB came out.

Anyway, I was just wondering if it was you or not.

If it's not you...kindly disregard this message.

Is that the same Deathdealer that I butted heads against so many years ago with CMBO? The Scandanavian Terror? The Finish Assassin? We first met in a 1500 pt Quick-Battle Tournament over at another web-site. I had the 4 Panthers...you had the AT-Guns...you won!!! The only reason Scipio passed you on the ladder was because he scored enough points from all his losses? I have not seen your name at any ladder or Tourney since CMBB came out.

All five AARs submitted now, South of Vevi sending. Alot of work (yet again I will promise to keep up with them next time), but very fun to revisit the battles. Well, 3 of the battles.

Yes, it is that Deathdealer, who now plays mostly at Band of Brothers, and I am happy to call my own honored opponent many times :D . Come on over for a visit, we don't care much about our ladder, but at least it does measure your quality rather than just the number of games played ;)

All five AARs submitted now, South of Vevi sending. Alot of work (yet again I will promise to keep up with them next time), but very fun to revisit the battles. Well, 3 of the battles.

Yes, it is that Deathdealer, who now plays mostly at Band of Brothers, and I am happy to call my own honored opponent many times :D . Come on over for a visit, we don't care much about our ladder, but at least it does measure your quality rather than just the number of games played ;)

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Distinguishinig stats...

I note with some awe that Walpurgis, Heavy, Enoch and Deadly are the only players with 5/5 "higher than average" scores for their games

GaJ.

And there in lies some of the luck of the draw in the tournament. All four of the ones that managed better than average scores were Italian defenders in Frontier Firefight. While I was not!!! :mad:

Panther Commander </font>

Distinguishinig stats...

I note with some awe that Walpurgis, Heavy, Enoch and Deadly are the only players with 5/5 "higher than average" scores for their games

GaJ.

And there in lies some of the luck of the draw in the tournament. All four of the ones that managed better than average scores were Italian defenders in Frontier Firefight. While I was not!!! :mad:

Distinguishinig stats...

GaJ.

Yep, Nick - it's me...

Long time no see, that is true. I had to limit myself somewhat and Warfare HQ was one to suffer - I guess one can't have everything LOL anyway, good to hear you are still around and what I've heard you've learnt the lessons well :cool:

On more understandable level - could someone put the scores so that mathematically illiterate understood them too ;) ie. final scores pleaze :D

Yep, Nick - it's me...

Long time no see, that is true. I had to limit myself somewhat and Warfare HQ was one to suffer - I guess one can't have everything LOL anyway, good to hear you are still around and what I've heard you've learnt the lessons well :cool:

On more understandable level - could someone put the scores so that mathematically illiterate understood them too ;) ie. final scores pleaze :D

Yep, Nick - it's me...

I presume that the final Nabala calculations are still being done and verified.

In terms of mathematically illiterate: what you can do with the list I posted is see where you came for each scenario.

For example, DD, you were 4th in South Of Vevi for the Allies. Sripe won the Allied section of for South of Vevi.

Other than that, you have to wait for the calculations to be done.

Cheers,

GaJ.

In terms of mathematically illiterate: what you can do with the list I posted is see where you came for each scenario.

For example, DD, you were 4th in South Of Vevi for the Allies. Sripe won the Allied section of for South of Vevi.

Cheers,

GaJ.

Cheers,

GaJ.

Holien,

Have been at it hammer and tongs all day on AARs and am almost done with Frontier Firefight '40, which will make three done. Complicating matters is that I was recently informed I have to take Dad to a doctor's appointment at 11 a.m. PDT Monday, a contingency for which I had not planned. A most unwelcome development! I shall do everything humanly possible to complete my AARS (love Deadly88's proposal), but it's already 2:30 a.m. PDT here and I have to be up at ten my time.

As for your prize message, I can't edit it. All you need to do, though, is remove the part about selecting the issue of your choice of AFTER THE BATTLE and replace it with the one-year subscription message you posted later to this thread.

Regards,

John Kettler

Holien,

Have been at it hammer and tongs all day on AARs and am almost done with Frontier Firefight '40, which will make three done. Complicating matters is that I was recently informed I have to take Dad to a doctor's appointment at 11 a.m. PDT Monday, a contingency for which I had not planned. A most unwelcome development! I shall do everything humanly possible to complete my AARS (love Deadly88's proposal), but it's already 2:30 a.m. PDT here and I have to be up at ten my time.

As for your prize message, I can't edit it. All you need to do, though, is remove the part about selecting the issue of your choice of AFTER THE BATTLE and replace it with the one-year subscription message you posted later to this thread.

Regards,

John Kettler

Holien,

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi John,

I now understand what you mean. I had not re-checked the text on that and yes it could do with updating. I will ask KF to edit it and put in the appropriate text.

Thanks for pointing that out.

When I get home tonight I will respond to any e-mails I have in my In Box.

The AAR Deadline for points to advance into the finals is as ever the end of the 21st June.

When I turn on my PC in the morning of the 22nd anything in the "In Box" will be counted for advancement to the finals for the wine.

Of course if you are not in the finals you will still get the chance to play the scenarios being played in the finals if my understanding is correct on that? Your scores in those games will help in working out the averages.

H

P.s. If you are not bothered with the points for advancement into the finals and still want to submit AAR's please let me know and we can sort something out in regards to the AAR prize judging process.