**** ROW IV (part 2) ****

Kingfish

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GreenAsJade,

No, I'm not striving for any trophy (other than winning RoW IV!). You'd be amazed, though, how useful these posts are in keeping things going smoothly. Have already gotten several matters handled quickly simply because my foes read the thread, saw my post, and realized a) they had a turn waiting in their E-mail In Box; B) didn't get a certain turn; or c) there was some other problem. Sometimes, the problem applies to more than one foe, or I need help with a technical issue.

What I post certainly isn't thrilling reading (am strictly honoring the gag order on in game events and details), but it does make a complex process easier for me. I'm sorry if you find it offputting.

Kingfish,

Is there a problem?

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

No, I'm not striving for any trophy (other than winning RoW IV!). You'd be amazed, though, how useful these posts are in keeping things going smoothly. Have already gotten several matters handled quickly simply because my foes read the thread, saw my post, and realized a) they had a turn waiting in their E-mail In Box; B) didn't get a certain turn; or c) there was some other problem. Sometimes, the problem applies to more than one foe, or I need help with a technical issue.

What I post certainly isn't thrilling reading (am strictly honoring the gag order on in game events and details), but it does make a complex process easier for me. I'm sorry if you find it offputting.

Kingfish,

Is there a problem?

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

Kingfish,

Is there a problem?

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Kingfish,

Is there a problem?

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes. A %#@*% huge problem! Elmar has been MIA since before the tourney started, and I fear I may have to replace him. In addition, Spineripper has also disappeared.

I picked a fine time to stop sniffing glue!

With regards to your postings - keep truckin', baby.

Kingfish,

Is there a problem?

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes. A %#@*% huge problem! Elmar has been MIA since before the tourney started, and I fear I may have to replace him. In addition, Spineripper has also disappeared.

Kingfish,

Is there a problem?

Regards,

John Kettler

Guys,

Please do me (and your opponents) a favor. If you find yourself without internet access please find a way to drop me a line saying so. I will then pass the message on to your opponents. E-mail me from work, or from a friend's computer, or phone your sister in Boise and have her e-mail me, whatever works. A simple "lost my ISP, have contacted blah, blah, blah..." is all thats needed.

Remember that my e-mail address (sc112265@bellsouth.net) is listed both in my profile and at Boots and Tracks, which you can access thru my sig.

Thanks

Guys,

Please do me (and your opponents) a favor. If you find yourself without internet access please find a way to drop me a line saying so. I will then pass the message on to your opponents. E-mail me from work, or from a friend's computer, or phone your sister in Boise and have her e-mail me, whatever works. A simple "lost my ISP, have contacted blah, blah, blah..." is all thats needed.

Remember that my e-mail address (sc112265@bellsouth.net) is listed both in my profile and at Boots and Tracks, which you can access thru my sig.

Thanks

Guys,

Thanks

Bump w/update

3 weeks into the tourney I have received game scores from the following matchups:

South of Vevi

none

Things that go bump in the night

jbertles vs Steve McClaire

Vadr vs The Capt

MickOZ vs Victor Charlie

Larsen vs EMIG

Squeezing the Melon

MickOZ vs Flammenwerfer

Frontier Firefight '40

Steve McClaire vs Ankulin

Enoch vs Tychus

Flammenwerfer vs Michael Dorosh

Wadepm vs Larsen

Retreat from Metemma

Wellsonian vs Vadr

Larsen vs Nidan1

Bump w/update

3 weeks into the tourney I have received game scores from the following matchups:

South of Vevi

none

Vadr vs The Capt

MickOZ vs Victor Charlie

Larsen vs EMIG

Squeezing the Melon

MickOZ vs Flammenwerfer

Frontier Firefight '40

Enoch vs Tychus

Wadepm vs Larsen

Retreat from Metemma

Wellsonian vs Vadr

Larsen vs Nidan1

Bump w/update

South of Vevi

none

Vadr vs The Capt

MickOZ vs Victor Charlie

Larsen vs EMIG

Squeezing the Melon

MickOZ vs Flammenwerfer

Frontier Firefight '40

Enoch vs Tychus

Wadepm vs Larsen

Retreat from Metemma

Wellsonian vs Vadr

Larsen vs Nidan1

Kingfish,

Your, er, strong reaction had me going, until I realized I wasn't its object. Sorry you're having MIA/vanished player woes. Funny post, though.

Am dismayed to report that, having been awake since

12:30 a.m. PST, I have received one measly turn. It was from Londoner and has been answered.

UPDATE

Two turns from Ace Pilot and one from Lindan. All returned. One each from Ace Pilot and Lindan. Handled. Lindan, if you see this first, I sent you the wrong turn, but quickly sent the right one. Got turns from Ace Pilot, Lindan and Londoner; replied to all. Another round from Ace Pilot and Londoner; handled.

March 7

KR, Lindan, Ace Pilot, please check your E-mail. Yes, KR, I remembered this time! Have now gotten and replied to several turns each from Ace Pilot and Londoner.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ March 07, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Kingfish,

Your, er, strong reaction had me going, until I realized I wasn't its object. Sorry you're having MIA/vanished player woes. Funny post, though.

Am dismayed to report that, having been awake since

12:30 a.m. PST, I have received one measly turn. It was from Londoner and has been answered.

UPDATE

Two turns from Ace Pilot and one from Lindan. All returned. One each from Ace Pilot and Lindan. Handled. Lindan, if you see this first, I sent you the wrong turn, but quickly sent the right one. Got turns from Ace Pilot, Lindan and Londoner; replied to all. Another round from Ace Pilot and Londoner; handled.

March 7

KR, Lindan, Ace Pilot, please check your E-mail. Yes, KR, I remembered this time! Have now gotten and replied to several turns each from Ace Pilot and Londoner.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ March 07, 2004, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]