My old crew picture

Oren

Every one Of the six posts you have made in this fourm brings up your Israel-Arab hulaballoo.

It strikes me as puzzling. Pray tell, what is it about the CMAK forum that you feel invites you to frolic over amusing machines of destruction you have employed or occularly consumed in your revolting conflict?

I always endeavour to persevere momentary lapses of quality in this forum, but I fear yours is a presence not temporary. I'd bear the nausea in stoic silence, had it not been for your straying out of your natural General Forum habitat.

It might have come to your attention that the conflict wich you so persistently bring up has been headline news in all Western and Middle East medias for the last 50 or so years. Every day. This might inject the suspicion that the topic might well be one of some controversy. With gruelling predictability, any raising of the question will provoke debate.

Unfortunately, for such a debate the prospects of bringing the game or WWII studies forward even an inch are grim.

In the General Forum, your will no doubt attract a more thankful audience. While in here, stop flaming.

Dandelion

All of that aside, oren's material is interesting from a current military events perspective. But it is not clear to me what exactly it has to do with World War II campaigns in North Africa and Italy, or with the CMAK game in general.

No one would object, and, in fact, many would encourage him to continue posting, because it is a perspective we don't see often enough. And who knows, maybe it will start a fashion for people from the region to post, and it might even start a dialogue.

If he were to decide to post aerial photographs and 1:10,000 scale maps with contour lines at ten meter intervals of the road from Golan to Damascus, that would belong in this forum even if the images were modern, and we would applaud him. The invasion of Vichy French Syria is fair game.

Originally posted by Dandelion:

Oren

Every one Of the six posts you have made in this fourm brings up your Israel-Arab hulaballoo.

It strikes me as puzzling. Pray tell, what is it about the CMAK forum that you feel invites you to frolic over amusing machines of destruction you have employed or occularly consumed in your revolting conflict?

I always endeavour to persevere momentary lapses of quality in this forum, but I fear yours is a presence not temporary. I'd bear the nausea in stoic silence, had it not been for your straying out of your natural General Forum habitat.

It might have come to your attention that the conflict wich you so persistently bring up has been headline news in all Western and Middle East medias for the last 50 or so years. Every day. This might inject the suspicion that the topic might well be one of some controversy. With gruelling predictability, any raising of the question will provoke debate.

Unfortunately, for such a debate the prospects of bringing the game or WWII studies forward even an inch are grim.

In the General Forum, your will no doubt attract a more thankful audience. While in here, stop flaming.

Dandelion

Completely correct; I don't see what this has to do with CM:AK either.

Originally posted by poppy':

orem_m is writing about his present day experiencies and they should not be viewed any differentaly than a person writing about his experiences of 60 years ago. At least in the context of CM. poppy'

Care to explain again, how the photo above has anything to do with CMAK? Do we have bulldozers in the game? Should someone mod the IDF overalls into CMAK? :confused:

If Oren had something RELEVANT to tell, then you'd have a point. But now I could just as well show pictures of me in FDF uniform and it'd still have nothing to do with this forum or this game.

There's actually a Canadian ex-Sherman tanker on these boards, and he has posted useful stuff about his experiences. Not pictures of his crew mates leaning to a bulldozer.