Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

OFFICIAL PATCH REQUESTS AND BUG THREAD V1.01

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If it's not too late I would like to get your attention to the front turret of the M10 TD.

Do you really intend to make it stronger than the Panther's turret front?

And is it right to treat it as just plain plate(s) at 57 degrees when at the same time the single-angled-plate bonus has been removed from Jagdpanther, Hetzer and Jagdpanzer IV?

donm10.jpg

Panther:

Mk5Turm.jpg

I spare you to post pictures of the Jagdpanzers which now get random angles with undocumented distribution, while the M10 does not.

[ September 01, 2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Redwolf ]

[whoops - this should be in the CMX2 wish list thread]

I would like to request another text file slot - DEBRIEFING.

As it stands now, you have to put any historical aftermath or designnotes as a spoiler tacked on to a briefing. I think most of this falls by the wayside as players will not go backto read it after finishing the battle. What I'd like is a Debriefing text that pops up in the same way as the After Action Report screen.

Redwolf,

I wonder why in CMAK the U.S 76 AP penatrates the Panthers front turret out to 700 meters. I think getting a possible penetration out to 250 meters then a possible partial penetration out to 500 meters would be more like it but any further then that seems a bit much. In CMBO it was almost impossible to penatrate the panther with a U.S 76 AP round at 250 meters, then i buy CMAK what a surprise i had in store for me. So why the inflated penatration of Allied and German guns from CMBO to CMAK. Ofcourse there are many other comments i would like to share but for now the above will do.

[ September 04, 2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: JoMc67 ]

JoMc67, yeah I'll tell 'em smile.gif

Seriously, the Panther mantlet is rounded and that means if you "draw" a low angle then the turret is pretty weak. For a complex tank front like the Panther's there is no single "below 700 meter" number you can give.

Now, we don't know what the chance distribution for the angle draws in BFC's "rounded" specifier is, and some people say the mantlet is much more than just 100mm plain. But I doubt anything can be done here, because even if BFC tells us the angle distribution that doesn't mean anyone can convince them to use a different distribution in a later patch.

Now, what I am still really puzzled about is why some German guns, noticeable 75mm L/43-48 and L/70 have so much higher base penetration in CMAK compared to CMAK. And they react worse on angles. Is that maybe because the numbers given are now against face-hardened armor and were given against homogenous armor in CMBB?

I asked rexford but he didn't know either.