Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Nur das tapfere würde Peng herausfordern

Originally posted by Bastables:

I see dirtyandy has yet to inform everyone of the crushing defeat handed to him by my glorious workers army. His SS hamstertruppen providing superb smoking for my new petersen pipe.

Now his fear is so great he has given me a setup where he plays uber-finns and I get to run round in circles as the Soviets, in the bloody snow.

andy

ANDY

I can smell your fear even through my smoke haze.

Yes, I must admit my cunning plan to take revenge on the evil Nazi scum worked like a breeze. All my SS Hamstertruppen died a horrible death at the hands of Basty's steely-eyed worker liberators.

Thank you.

For my next trick, I will besmirch the Finnish reputation. Watch this space.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000667

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Is there anything about CM:AK you do like?

Just curious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a huge amount that I like about CM.

Considering that I pre-ordered BO, BB and AK and that the latter two are about the only games I play regularly on my computer, I would consider myself an ardent fan of the system and supporter of BFC.

Precisely because of that, I am always keen to see the system improve in whatever way it can be improved. Thus my comparitively few posts have tended to focus on game related issues where, IMHO,there may be room for change or improvement.

I am equally curious as to why you, or anyone else for that matter, would construe my recent posts about the Vickers MG and QB maps, as anything but constructive criticism. Such postings, from many, many people, have helped to shape the game into what it is today and God forbid that BFC should ever become too "big" to ignore such criticism.

Since the contents of my recent posts seem to have upset you for some bizarre reason, I assume that none of your 12,000 and whatever posts have ever contained any criticism of CM, or pointed out any perceived errors. In which case, I would suggest that they have been a complete waste of space and time, the latter of which you seem to have too much of.

Just interrupting the confusingly titled Peng Challenge to post this reply since the original thread was so rudely cut off by Moon...

Seanachai - I need advice on grooming a mortal enemy. I know you are a complete failure at cultivating these kinds of things, but perhaps you have learned from your failures and may be able to pass on a tip or two that aren't complete bollocks?

Now, this Crowley guy has potential. Firstly, his name sounds like Cawley which was usually perverted to Crawley - this bodes well as to his suitability.

Note also his complete lack of

a) a sense of humour

B) an ability to post mirthfully, or on topics less than serious

c) anything nice to say

Now, I concede that his comments *may* have been "constructive" (if you consider harping about stuff that everyone already knows about constructive - like BFC doesn't know, duh, that they shared the bmp file for the Vickers and US M1917, or that they put sergeants in charge of sections ("squads")).

But God forbid we should try and have a bit of playful fun and suggest in public what a complete tight-ass he presents himself as.

Now, is being a tight ass all that's necessary to be a good Mortal Enemy?

I think there has to be a tendency to abusiveness. Cabron66 certainly had it. I think Crowley's comments above had it. Or am I missing his point?

Was this simply his first attempts at humour?

Would I be wrong to adopt him as my Mortal Enemy when, really, he was just coming out of his shell?

Or perhaps he has had a crush on Andreas all along, and my suggestion that the two of them get together hit too close to home? If that is the case, perhaps he is not predisposed to Mortal Enemy behaviour at all.

Much to consider.

O Seanachai, Bard of the Northern Wilderness (well, north to YOU lot, anyway), I verily seek your counsel. Can this one be cultivated? Does this put my two up on you? Cabron hated me far more than you. Hell, he even hated Emrys more than you! Bloody Emrys!!

I await your response.

Originally posted by Bastables:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bastables:

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT....... BOOM.

hee hee hee.

Please. The sound effects you make when going potty aren't something anyone wishes to hear, you repugnant little man. </font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT....... BOOM.

hee hee hee.

Please. The sound effects you make when going potty aren't something anyone wishes to hear, you repugnant little man. </font>

Where were you when we were blowing things up in the east?

missed the hope that there would be a hamstertruppen mod for CMBB.

Still good to "see" you around again, more olde ones to return the board to the "real world."

Well, first I lost my website, then my hard drive crashed and my Photoshop went with it, so no more hamsters. =( Then I lost my internet access for a while, then I got a job for a year, but I got fired in June so I'm back now! =)

I have the game I've just never really played it. Maybe about 30 turns total over 3 different scenarios all vs. Mace.

Kitty

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

Where were you when we were blowing things up in the east?

missed the hope that there would be a hamstertruppen mod for CMBB.

Still good to "see" you around again, more olde ones to return the board to the "real world."

Well, first I lost my website, then my hard drive crashed and my Photoshop went with it, so no more hamsters. =( Then I lost my internet access for a while, then I got a job for a year, but I got fired in June so I'm back now! =)

I have the game I've just never really played it. Maybe about 30 turns total over 3 different scenarios all vs. Mace.

Kitty </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I wanted Seanachai to actually be able to read my post with a minimum of fuss.

I still await his wisdom.

It's going to be a long wait then if you're expecting wisdom from him. =/

Oops! Sorry Lars. I didn't see you already beat me to the post. =)

Kitty </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Kitty </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Kitty </font>

Might I remind you of the rules here? Berli, "Treat the Ladies with respect. They are infinitely better than you can ever aspire to be."

Kitty

Oh goodie! Perhaps we'll get to watch the incarnations go at each other! My bet's on death!

/SirReal