A Thousand and Some Scenarios Sorted by Subject

I've just posted eleven zip files to CMMODS with all of the scenarios I've been trying to work into my reinstall of CMAK.

This is a preliminary sort as of October 13, 2007. There are some files missing (like a version of "A Polish Battlefield" that can actually be read by my computer), and there are about a score of duplicates.

I've divided everything into 17 categories. There could and should be more, but I can't really afford to put any more time into this. So if someone wants to take what I've posted and improve it, I'll be the first to stand up and cheer.

The 17 categories that I've used are mod-environment oriented. They are (in no particular order) the 1940 scenarios (minus Sealion), the Battle of the Bulge scenarios, the East Africa scenarios, scenarios that take place in France and Germany after August 1944, scenarios that take place in Greece, scenarios that take place in Italy and Southern France (similar terrain, flora, and architecture), the Market-Garden related scenarios, the Normandy scenarios, the North Africa scenarios, Norwegian scenarios, Arab Israeli War, Korea, Pacific Theater, Sealion, Spanish Civil War, Vietnam, and Everything Else.

This is by no means a finished product, but since no two people handle their mods or their scenarios in quite the same way, I don't intend to be the one to finish it. Several of the categories can be further subdivided, duplicate scenarios need to be weeded out, and I didn't make a major push to collect specialty scenarios, since I'm hoping that afficionados of Sealion or the Pacific theater will post updates with more complete sets of scenarios to those subjects.

The reason that I'm posting this sort of 1055 CMAK scenarios and operations is that I was making the sort for myself because the old sorting tools from the original Scenario Depot were never replaced. Plus I like to compare related scenarios to each other before I decide which one I want to play. [by the way, these are all supposed to be finished scenarios -- material from The Proving Grounds isn't included].

If you don't like the way I've sorted things, it should be fairly easy to break my categories down a bit further and recombine things to your taste. Take Anvil-Dragoon out of the Italy folder, take the Britany campaign out of the Normandy folder, whatever rocks your boat. This is meant to be a tool that you can build on.

And yes, you can put the Normandy scenarios folder in CM Normandy, and any combination of folders you want in CMETO.

• 4 weeks later...