ETO Weather in 1944

At some point during the last two years I saw a list of the daily weather in the ETO. I would really like to know exactly what the weather was in Normandy during the first two weeks of August 1944. I seem to recall that this information is published on the web, but as I'm a bit undercaffeinated right now I don't seem to be searching for the right words.

Any help would be appreciated.

[And if what I'm looking for is in an appendix of Closing with the Enemy, I'll scream].

The War Diary of the Black Watch tells you what the weather was every day on the Canadian front. I have a copy of the war diary of the Calgary Highlanders who served in the same general area, being in the same brigade.

Google Cache is here

I've linked to the google cache - the site itself is on some free hoster, I think, and is slow and unaccessible at times.

Many thanks, Michael. That not only has the information that I want, but is fun to read. The day I was interested in just happened to come right after a description of an unkempt and unshaven CO who was mistaken for a battle casualty by an ambulance crew while taking a nap.

I have a link to the Dutch meteorologic services.

They provide a list of all data about the weather since early 1700 in the Netherlands.

My guess is that the French have that too.

I think you have to find out what the name of that service is and you should learn french too smile.gif