Thorn in the Tiger's side?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all, useful reports. So there are instances of operational claims, and they basically fit the pattern we see in the west. Occasional interventions by large numbers of AC at a single armored target, claims of kills that other side info shows are more like the number of vehicles actually present, with total losses a fraction of that and losses specifically to air a handful to a dozen on individual occasions. When swarmed. The same is seen at Mortain, in Korea, and elsewhere.

Rune, specifically on Raus, he is not in general considered reliable. He passes on whatever stories were current and that can and does occasionally include unsubstantiated propaganda. If the story told to him happened to be true, it passed on truthfully. I do read him, but I don't compare him to an operations researcher, an official historian, or even just a conscientious staffer filing regular reports. That said, if he cites an own side losses case of 8 tanks KOed on one occasion I'd believe it, but expect it to be an outlier, the biggest fish story on the subject he had heard of.

Interesting thread - I see I should have read to the end before posting in the Ju87 film thread as a lot of what I said there has been covered here.

Btw - what the heck was all that stuff about Sturmelon ? I didn't see that he said anything worth getting banned for ?

That colour picture of the rear of the T34 looks to me like a 37mm could make it pretty unpleasant for the engine/transmission ( I mean, who cares which is exposed, hitting the transmission will disable the tank just as effectively as hitting the engine itself )

Jeez, ok, ok, forget I asked.

He must have really pissed people off judging by that reaction.

It's kind of amusing reading this thread ( and the other one ) about the ineffectiveness of most airborne guns versus tanks ... and over in the IL2 forums, a lot of fliers moan when their Thunderbolts' .50 Brownings can't knock out tanks and cite pilots' accounts that they could ( yes, the same tired old "bouncing off the road into the underside" quotes :rolleyes: )

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

Sergei. Not every member of the forum can be expected to know about people who have been banned and re-surface every now and then under a different name.

Your remark is less then helpful to Baneman.

Don't you understand who he REALLY is? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :mad:

Just in case it was missed

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Hmmm... seems I didn't completely flip the ban switch on sturmelon. I've flipped it again. If anybody sees our old friend (Wartgamer/Rex Man and probably Lewis with 15 other names in between) back again, kindly drop me an email. He's annoyingly persistent, but so are we :D

Steve

Hey relax people, I'm not that guy.

I play a little Steel Panthers, a little Combat Mission and fly a lot of IL2. I read the forums a fair amount but I only joined recently 'cos I never had anything to say before ( I'm hardly an expert even though I find this stuff - and most military history - fascinating ).

If you doubt my bona fides, you can look on the Matrix Games Steel Panthers forum where I've been registered as Baneman since August 2004. Phew !

Originally posted by Baneman:

Hey relax people, I'm not that guy.

Well, if that's the case, I jumped the gun.

It's just that when Sturmelon was recognized as Lewis and banned, he re-registered immediately as Stukapalooka, with the innocent opening:

Great stuff Guys!
as if he just had stumbled and then carrying on from what was left from Sturmelon, namely the T-34 rear hatch thingy. You showed up in an alarmingly similar manner - and let me assure you, the guy we're talking about is as predictable as the coming of Christmas - but I guess I should trust Michael's nose and tongue - he's posted more than I have. :D

But how do we know that Lewis doesn't go in Matrix Games forums under the name of Baneman? HMMM. I demand the Holy Inquisition to burn him just in case!!!! :mad: ;)

Yeh, it was the nose and tongue bit that really scared me ;)

If you look at the SP boards you'll find that I've only posted about 4 or 5 times in a year, which is a postcount I imagine your guy would find difficult if he's a serial re-registerer ( god, is that a word ? ).

No worries guys, I just didn't think my curiosity would have all those gun barrels swivelling in my direction :eek:

If this paranoia in the forum continues, the terrorists will have won a victory...

I say each new member from here on in must answer a battery of questions about louvers and the compartmentilization of T-34 engines before they register to prove that they are not Lewis.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

*walks up to new guy*

*sniff's new guy's crotch*

*walks in circle, sniffs new guy's ass*

*licks self*

Hey, I think he might be ok.

I would worry more about this actually. Not since the specter of Dorosh's Dummy have a Canadian made such a arse of himself.

Actually, you are all basically parhetic. In a 1:1 way.

Originally posted by stukapalooka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

*walks up to new guy*

*sniff's new guy's crotch*

*walks in circle, sniffs new guy's ass*

*licks self*

Hey, I think he might be ok.

I would worry more about this actually. Not since the specter of Dorosh's Dummy have a Canadian made such a arse of himself.

Actually, you are all basically parhetic. In a 1:1 way. </font>