I'M BACK with a NEW MEGA OPERATION!

Hey guys, I'm back with a new, major operation, which will hopefully put "Tank Warning" to shame, put "August Bank Holiday" to shame, and others I've done, to shame. I'm trying to upload it to the scenario depot, but I'm happy to email it to anyone who wants it. Here it is, and anyone who wants it can freely post it on their website. Its a big nasty battle, featuring excerpts from REAL LIFE German briefings I found. Its ugly. And it should be fun. Here's the main briefing, but the true gems are in each sides briefing, which is not set forth here:

Rush of Jousts: The German counterattack at Anzio

16 February, 1944

10 battles, 15 turns (variable) each.

Recommended Play: Two Player, or Axis vs. Computer

Designed by Frank "Franko" Radoslovich for Boots and Tracks

Frankrad@pacbell.net

On February 16, 1944, The Germans launched an all-out assault against U.S. and British troops guarding the Anzio Bridgehead. Dubbed "Operation Fishfang", German troops sought to break through the Allied lines and reach the Anzio-Nettuno port vicinity. If successfull, the Anzio invasion would be doomed.

The brunt of the enemy attack was borne by the U.S. 45th Division, which held a 6-mile sector of the front that coincided almost exactly with that upon which the Germans had determined to concentrate their assault.

Notes:

1. This is a static operation. Please refer to the manual and be familiar with the rules. This scenario attempts to more accurately create the feel of World War 2 combat, which could typically span hours (or days), interrupted by sharp, violent outbursts of battle. You should have adequate time to make your assault, or, if you are the Allied player, to conduct a prudent defense.

2. The German briefing is virtually lifted word-for-word from actual historical orders. The American briefing is based on a number of historical sources, available upon request.

3. The ground condition is "mud". There have been recent rains throughout the area, making off-road movement difficult for many types of vehicles. The temperature is "cold" (for Italy).

4. The Attacker casualty point ratio is set at 30%. This is low. Basically, this means that the German troops are largely expendable, and victory will be largely dependent on taking and/or holding the Flags. In the real battle, the Germans committed troops in human-wave-like attacks, with utter disregard for casualties. The stakes were high.

5. This Operation represents one day of intense fighting. There is no "night". "No man's land" is set long because of the relatively open terrain.

6. It is not recommended that you play as American versus the Computer. The Computer does not sensibly handle many of the German units. However, I did play as American during playtest and the Germans whopped me. So go figure.

7. This briefing is purposefully kept short to avoid spoilers. Much more detailed historical information is contained in each side's briefing.

[ January 07, 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Franko ]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by willbell:

Franko, what manual do we need to know the rules from? Have you written a rules manual for your campaigns?

Its CMAK. I haven't written a "rules manual", but each Operation I write has its own set of assumptions and rules. You usually need to read this in your side-specific briefing.

Does anybody need an opponent for this?

I can play either side. If you already have the scenario and need a PBEM crash-test dummy to pound on, then send me a set-up. I can usually do a turn a day, and more on weekends.

*Found an opponent, thanks*

Ken

[ January 09, 2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: kenfedoroff ]

I would like to check out a copy if you don't mind. By the way are you having problems submitting the op to the Depot becuase the file size is too large? I recently tried to submit a CMAK Normandy Op to the depot but was unable to do so because of its size.

Looking forward to trying your Op. I love the italian campaign and this was one of its great missed oppurtunities.

Thanx Franco

Originally posted by Emar:

I would like to check out a copy if you don't mind. By the way are you having problems submitting the op to the Depot becuase the file size is too large? I recently tried to submit a CMAK Normandy Op to the depot but was unable to do so because of its size.

Looking forward to trying your Op. I love the italian campaign and this was one of its great missed oppurtunities.

Thanx Franco

No, its just not taking my logins, for some reason.