Any Canadians get CMAK yet?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

Nothing here for me yet... Calgary, AB. :(

I swear my arsehole postman stays in bed some days; every mailbox in my apartment building was empty today; I can't believe everyone came home early and cleared out their own mail and that I didn't even get a flyer... :mad: I am more concerned because I have ebay purchases - and a few hunny of money orders for sales in the works and not a thing today. He better break his back tomorrow carrying all my mail.... </font>

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

I've not had a chance ot check the box yet, so there's still hope.

Michael, without having the CD, how the heck did you manage to compose the CMAK Ortona mission you posted to the Depot?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Calgary struck out for the weekend too. Hey, maybe I'll have a new hard drive by the time it gets here.... :(

</font>

Originally posted by chashm:

It seems that British Columbia will be the LAST region in the WORLD to get thier copies redface.gif :mad: redface.gif :mad:

Ahh, the price to pay for living in paradise

hehehe, the secret was having it shipped to Blaine ;)

See you at the Oasis later big C!

Now playing CMAK in Langley BC smile.gif

Klayton

Bah - a posted OP with no OP...I should have you up on charges for psychological abuse :D

No CMAK here either, which is probably just as well as I've the X-mas concert tomorrow.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

I've not had a chance ot check the box yet, so there's still hope.

Michael, without having the CD, how the heck did you manage to compose the CMAK Ortona mission you posted to the Depot?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Calgary struck out for the weekend too. Hey, maybe I'll have a new hard drive by the time it gets here.... :(

</font>

A slim package from Vermont was handed over to me this morning (Sat.) down at the post office here in Almonte. CMAK has arrived just in time! I'm home alone and have nothing to do for the rest of the day but check it out. So far very impressed with the graphics - even the pointy top British helmets ;) . The on-disk manual is in colour. The biggest looking of the 3 Canadian battles that come with the game is the Melfa River crossing (Liri Valley).

Great looking Canuck uniforms! Now we need the Ortona operation converted from CMBO.

My sincere wish is that you lads out West and down in the Maritimes are also picking up your packages today.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzerman:

Wow another Langley CM player... hmm now I'll have to try to track you down and steal yours... nah I'm not that desprate. :D

I didn't know everyone in Langley played CM. ;) </font>

Well...9'er Domestic (the Wife) informs me that it arrived today! smile.gif

She also said it looks like I owe $5 for duty or somefink...I'll have to have a look see when I get home. Normally, they don't deliver it - and expect you to pay, but rather - you pay first, and then Canada Post gives it to you. Weird...

If I do indeed owe $5 - where others so far have not - Customs will be getting an absolutely virulent letter from me.

Good luck to the rest of you. Don't give up hope - if they can find Winnipeg on their map of Toronto there is hope for everyone else too! ;)

Here's how i got it yesterday here in Quebec City. I went to Compucentre to see if by any chance they had Highway to the Reich. They didn't, but I saw CMAK on the shelf and bought it.

If you feel like a laugh, go to the Usenet WW2 historical forum and check out my AAR of how I twice failed to win the tutorial.

Henri

She also said it looks like I owe $5 for duty or somefink...I'll have to have a look see when I get home. Normally, they

don't deliver it - and expect you to pay, but rather - you pay first, and then Canada Post gives it to you. Weird...

If I do indeed owe $5 - where others so far have not - Customs will be getting an absolutely virulent letter from me.

Unlax LBD, my package had a little green sticker that said something about $5 as well, but it was stuck to the package itself, and I wasn't required to pay anything when the postal clerk handed it over. Since I had asked about this before, and was told that custom duties were payable upon receipt, I assume that we ain't paying anything. Perhaps we shouldn't inquire too closely, though, and leave sleeping tariffs lay. ;)

In the meantime - I accidentally stayed up until 4 a.m. playing the fictional Canuck vs. Fallshirmjaeger scenario by Andreas. Riveting play! A very lucky guess when choosing my battle plan led to a lop-sided win, but it could so easily have gone the other way! CMAK was definitely worth the wait.

what is this????

What!

CMAK on the shelf in Canada

RETAIL?

do the boys at BFC world headquarters know about this??

is this normal and correct?

or some twilight zone version of the reality of their online only distribution and purchasing policy in North America?

:eek: :eek:

:confused:

-tom w

Originally posted by Henri:

Here's how i got it yesterday here in Quebec City. I went to Compucentre to see if by any chance they had Highway to the Reich. They didn't, but I saw CMAK on the shelf and bought it.

If you feel like a laugh, go to the Usenet WW2 historical forum and check out my AAR of how I twice failed to win the tutorial.

Henri

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

what is this????

What!

CMAK on the shelf in Canada

RETAIL?

do the boys at BFC world headquarters know about this??

is this normal and correct?

or some twilight zone version of the reality of their online only distribution and purchasing policy in North America?

:eek: :eek:

-tom w

The same thing happened with CMBB; some CDV versions given to retailers somehow made it over here.

Still no CMAK... although we did get a lot of Christmas cards. :(

[ December 15, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]