Can we all forgive Steiner?

Dear fellow CM community members,

It is not my intention to create yet another thread for posting messages that try to resolve Steiner14 sig issue . But I feel sorry …

… I am very sorry to see all this debate about Steiner’s sig becoming a flaming subject that threatens CM community as a whole.

… I am very sorry to see fellow community members – even worse senior ones, no to be able to deal with a matter that undermines in my opinion the integrity of this community.

… I am very sorry to see my daily visits to this and other CM forums to turn sober since the forum has become a battlefield between a member – that is already in silence, and all the rest of us – including myself.

… I am very sorry to see members attacking dead threads. If we continue like this some we may even reply to Steiner posting years ago!

What is the purpose of all us being here? What do we have in common?

In my opinion: we share an interest about history, especially military, we can all communicate without prejudices and finally we all love the CM games.

Where do we all come from?

From different countries which have been into 2nd World War from many different perspectives, but they managed to forgive each other – being the victors or the losers and this is mutual understanding and piece.

Do we see all this happening in our forum? Lately no.

I do not want to see all this becoming an endless debate about the validity of a sig or even worse for some us to examine political beliefs of a fellow member and throw him – unjustified so easy, to the nazi party.

Can we all forgive Steiner? Those of us whose feel offended by his sig? Others that feel offended from his postings?

Can Steiner forgive us? For all these literature developed by some members that accused him true or false about his beliefs. Can Steiner take back his sig since so many where offended? Shall we see him again in the forums? – I doubt it after so many insults.

Who is going to be next to being accused? And leave the forums? Maybe all of us, who do not agree with this treatment.

Can we all forgive and recover our mutual understanding? I hope yes.

P.S. If this matter continues personally I would prefer to leave the community forums for a while and maybe come back later in the future. I do not intend to spare my time in endless debates and lose all my interest in this community which I like so much.

[ January 06, 2005, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: spartan1 ]

The threads in question will become inactive soon enough. That particular poster a victim of some kind of forum witch hunt? That's far from the truth. Either the mods will deal with it, or it will drop into the archive. If he posts again, well, then he'll no doubt be challenged again on the accuracy of the quote, which is how it should be.

Panzer76 is right. It's up to us. I am going to talk to the other mods what we want to do about this, if anything. In the meantime, there is no point about public debate of the thread in question, since it won't influence our decision (if any). Locking this (and the original thread which now turned way off-topic).

Martin