asking for some help

I just recently discovered CMAK and absolutely love this game. I am however having difficulty learning how to effectively conduct an attack. I was wondering if anyone had some PBEM files they could send me of a really well planned attack so I could study and learn. I'd really appreciate any help.

You can send them to bradenwalker@hotmail.com

Thanks

Its a common refrain, especially among newbies who are used to scripted shooter games like Medal of Honor (and they're ALL like that!) where you get to redo it over-and-over until you get it right . CM's got a lot less 'figuring out the puzzle' to it and a lot more 'What would work in the real world?'. If its a bad idea in the real world to walk into an open field and stare-down a Tiger tank its probably a bad idea in the game too ;)

Another thing to keep in mind, some scenarios just weren't made to win! No matter what you do you're going to get pummled. Think of it as a learning experience.

My greatest difficulty is a QB with a village or a dug in defender. My infantry was constantly getting pummelled trying to close the last 50-100 meters. However, thanks to your responses so far, I've definitely picked up a lot of suggestions and tricks I'm ready to try out. I think my biggest problem I was trying to rely too much on smoke and not nearly enough suppressive fire.

Well, thanks for all the advice guys.

I read a lot of the info you passed my way and my first axis assault ended with a minor defeat because I ran out of time. Next time ... QB Axis assault, 500 points, Combined Arms, Italy, Small Village and .... 95% Major Victory, suffering only 12 casualties.

Thanks again for all the help, it was much appreciated. I feel as if I've just stepped into a larger combat mission world smile.gif

Hey bradenwalks, if you like CMAK thers also CMBO(Beyond Overlord which covers the Normandy invasion to the fall of the Nazi Third Reich) and CMBB (Barbarossa to Berlin which covers the "Patriotic war" between Germany and Russia). Now you can be like us, when you sleep you'll dream about bombing the heck out of enemy soldiers. Welcome as well.