QB question

this may sound like a silly question, but thought it would be faster to ask you guys. when i set up a qb, whats the difference between axis attack, probe, assault? i know in a meeting eng. we would have an equal point split, but whats the differences with the above modes? i noticed in a 1500 point attack, i got 2250 points, i think.

i noticed that with the flags. i set up a few battles and ended up coming short of the objectives for lack of time. a bit frustrating knowing i have the troops positioned to take them. i didnt know the flags would be so far into the enemy's area. i was just reading the manual about static and dynamic (?) flags. the dynamic flag variable would make for a very interesting fight. i also wanted to know about the point spread, and other differences though.

the reason i was reading the manual was because i was looking for info about the colored lines you see in the games. sometimes its yellow, and i was wondering exactly what that means, but i could find no reference.

Force ratio and location of flags are the two variables in the different battle types. For a meeting engagement both sides get an equal number of points to spend, and the flags are generally located in the center. You are also not allowed to call in prep barrages in a ME, nor can you dig in any of your troops. One more difference is that you cannot spend points on fortifications.

Probes will place the flags a quarter of the way into the defenders zone, and the ratio of attacker to defender is 1.25 to 1.

Attack battles will give the attacking side a force ratio of 1.5 to 1 against the defender, and the flags are located halfway into the defenders zone.

Assault has the flags 3/4 of the way into the defenders zone, and the ratio is now increased to 1.75 to 1.