Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Peng Challenge Thread III- Revenge of the Nerds

After hearing sad news this morning, that Howard Morris died, it got me to thinking how much this place IS like the Andy Gzriffith show.

Joebob is, of course, the Sheriff.

Boo being the first deputy, is definitely Barney Fife.

Seanachai would have to be Otis the town drunk.

Emrys would have to be the forgetful Floyd the Barber.

Dalem would be Gomer Pyle, with his gun and a "Goll Lee"

v42below would be Opie

Lars as Howard Sprauge

Nidan1 as the clueless Goober Pyle

Going to have to go with MrSpkr as Ernest T Bass, runs in, throws a stone, and runs out.

Not going to say who is Aunt Bee, I like my privates attached to my body.

Anyway my tribute to howard, the voice of gopher in the Winnie the Pooh movies, director of Get Smart and hogan's Heros, With Six you get eggroll.

If you didn't recognize his name, he was the actor that played Ernest T.

Rune

[ May 23, 2005, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: rune ]

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

What could Norwegians have to say to each other that could possibly be important enough to rate their own language?

It's not that they have their own language really. It's just that the rest of us switched so we don't have to listen anymore.

Originally posted by rune:

After hearing sad news this morning, that Howard Morris died, it got me to thinking how much this place IS like the Andy Gzriffith show.

Strangely enough, Papa Kahn is the spittin image of Howard Sprague.

Rune, you complete and utter ninny.

That being said, I'll continue.

Rune, you ignorant hillbilly.

This is fun. But to get to the point,

Rune you slack-jawed fondler of your own wizened joy department, Howard McNear PLAYED Floyd the Barber.

Sorry to hear about Howie. I always thought he was a hoot.

Originally posted by rune:

Lars ,

Do you have any picute proof of this? This I have got to see, Papa Khan as Howard.

Rune

Oh come on rune, you know that Lars is now busily trying to paste photographs on his screen.

Here's Howard Sprauge ...

site1009.jpg

And my former layabout, bone idle Squire Papa Khann.

graphic_pub.jpg

Certainly a familial resemblance.

Joe

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Eerie, isn't it?

One can't be too Huron. </font>

Well while you are all having a grand time I'm over here in an inadequately ventilated and cooled server room moving my loverly domino server from a fantastic IBM iSeries 820 - a machine which doesn't EVER go down unless I tell it to - over to a goddam 4 year old Dell dual PIII, because our new goddam masters are too cheap to 11. continue paying for the iSeries and @tilde. too effing cheap to even buy me a decent wintel to replace it. I'm just waiting for the bastard PoS windozebox to go down in the middle of the day so I can be really pissed off about it. or not. I don't care any more. I want the whole damn place to go belly-up. I want to delete admin, type "lock console" and then "down y" and walk away. I want them all dead dead DEAD!!! GAWD I HATE COMPUTERS AND THE PEOPLE WOT USES EM!!!

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Well while you are all having a grand time I'm over here in an inadequately ventilated and cooled server room moving my loverly domino server from a fantastic IBM iSeries 820 - a machine which doesn't EVER go down unless I tell it to - over to a goddam 4 year old Dell dual PIII, because our new goddam masters are too cheap to 11. continue paying for the iSeries and @tilde. too effing cheap to even buy me a decent wintel to replace it. I'm just waiting for the bastard PoS windozebox to go down in the middle of the day so I can be really pissed off about it. or not. I don't care any more. I want the whole damn place to go belly-up. I want to delete admin, type "lock console" and then "down y" and walk away. I want them all dead dead DEAD!!! GAWD I HATE COMPUTERS AND THE PEOPLE WOT USES EM!!!

Thank you for that Peng. As I sit here nursing an oncoming cold in the sure and certain knowledge that it's only going to get worse and probably make me really sick and lose my voice (and me a professional trainer) your trials and tribulations are the one bright spot in my life.

And I didn't get you anything.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... As I sit here nursing an oncoming cold in the sure and certain knowledge that it's only going to get worse and probably make me really sick and lose my voice ...

[serious]Apple Cider Vinegar (organic is preferrable). Discovered it this year and have managed to fight off 3 colds so far after the early symptoms appeared. Take a shot of it in the morning and a shot at night (no chasers, you just have to stand the taste for 5 mins or so). It tastes like **** and that's exactly how you feel for the next 5 minutes after taking it, but it works.[/serious]

That full stop is still missing, Dad.

We all knew dalem was dim, but this is ridiculous.

I sent him the setup he was supposed to send me (I find things involving are accomplished much faster if you do everything for him). I specifically note that it is an Axis Probe and that he is playing the part of the Russki scum.

His response? "BB or AK?"

BB or AK?

BB or AK? Huh? Since when did AK have RUSSKI scum in it?

I mean, yeah, it has New Zealanders, which, as every thinking person knows, are little more than Odztraylyuns Who Couldn't Quite Find the Great Big Island, but Russkis?

Sigh. Idjit.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

We all knew dalem was dim, but this is ridiculous.

I sent him the setup he was supposed to send me (I find things involving are accomplished much faster if you do everything for him). I specifically note that it is an Axis Probe and that he is playing the part of the Russki scum.

His response? "BB or AK?"

BB or AK?

BB or AK? Huh? Since when did AK have RUSSKI scum in it?

I mean, yeah, it has New Zealanders, which, as every thinking person knows, are little more than Odztraylyuns Who Couldn't Quite Find the Great Big Island, but Russkis?

Sigh. Idjit.

Steve

I haven't had BB installed on my PC in years. I guess I can make an exception for you. I'll see if I can find the CD...