Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Problem with combination cm-nvidia-w2k

Hi,

since I recently installed W2k on my machine I have graphic problems. I am not able to read any information screens (briefing etc). Where the text should appear there is only a black window. And so I can't start any new game :(

I have these problems with an elsa erazor 3 (nvidia driver, elsa driver and default w2k driver as well) and also with a new geforce 2 mx. Any ideas? Or do I have to reinstall win98?

Thanx for your help.

Vince

This is a known problem that seems to occur just with the NVidia based cards under Win2K. Go to your Display control panel and within the NVidia tabs from the Advanced section there should be a check box for "Force anti-aliasing in all applications". This should help with the text problem I believe. You may also want to upgrade your drivers and your DirectX version (I believe that Win2K comes with DirectX 7.1).

As another work-around, some people use a mod for the interface and because of the different colors, the text shows up properly.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dark Vincent:

thanx smile.gif i'll give it a try!

Vince<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At home I run Win2K Server, nVidia TNT-based card (Graphics Blaster TNT). For me the reference drivers from nVidia work the best but it took twiddling setups several times to get it to the correct CM settings (at work right now, so don't ask which reference version).