Modern AP round

oren_m

This is a modern AP round, i dont know the specific kind, but i'm working on it.

This is only the part which hits the armour, the outer shell is separated after 30-50 meters of flying, this "arrow" is made of Tungesten and the fins are made of Tin.

I'm still looking for the kind of the shell, so i dont know yet what the penetration rate is... if you find out before be, please tell me.

And another thing, how much shermans it could penetrate in a row? smile.gifsmile.gif

norm_687F6713D7964AF08F5ECFB402879BF3.JPG

[ February 01, 2005, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: oren_m ]

A date would be useful, as the 105mm gun has been about for a while, and firing APFSDS for a fair proportion of that time.

http://members.tripod.com/collinsj/protect.htm

Might give an idea about effectiveness.

Also note that the tungsten core is not pointy. the sharp bit is just a windscreen.

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/

Has a fair bit on ammo. Might be worth asking in their forum.

well i have no website but my brother was looking at a website on a challenger 2 and its 120mm gun sabot round, penetrated 810mm of rha armour(not chobam or cobam whatever its called) at 2km. so thats a few shermans anyway.

www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/apfsds.htm

well no ap charts here but according to this website seems official. the 120mm gun on the challenger (its the same for all western tanks inst it?) killed an iraqi t-72 at 5.1 km so it doesnt seem high with that!