Invisible Trees

wadepm

Originally posted by wadepm:

Has anyone done a mod to have all trees invisible in the top down view? There was one for CMBB and it was extremely useful. It is very easy to do IF you have the list of tree top-down view BMPs.

All you need to do is open the bmp folder, and visually find the top down view - using Paint you can colour the entire bmp pink.

All you need to do is open the bmp folder, and visually find the top down view - using Paint you can colour the entire bmp pink
See, I said it would be easy;) Actually, I figured out that part. But I am too lazy to search around for all of the top down views! Any body have a BMP list for CMAK?

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

What would happen if you simply removed all those bmps? Would the game not run, or would some other weird thing happen?

Michael

You would get either a white or black rectangle where the bmp was supposed to be.

Try it out; go into your bmp folder and rename one of the tree files by adding a letter (eg turn 703.bmp into 703a.bmp). It will have the same effect as deleting the file altogether, and is easy to restore, just rename it later. Then go into the map editor, make a map with some trees, and check it out.

OK, I made an exhaustive search of the BMP files and found the following that looked like tree tops:

Brought them in to PaintShop Pro and a minute later...no more tree tops - and I can find my guys using views 6-9 and still have the trees set on "Extreme."

[ January 19, 2004, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: wadepm ]