Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Ailing without CMAK, MasterGoodale and Cheery Threats

_Axe_

Good grief, it's a blizzard out there! Why, the roofs of the houses across the street are white instead of black. There are even tiny white strips along the edges of the road. Very holiday-ish! ;):D

Okay, time to wrap up the 2003 BDLRM. In 7 battles I managed 1 tactical victory, 2 draws, 2 minor defeats, 1 tactical defeat, and 1 major defeat - congratulations Teddy Windsor! My thanks to Becket for putting together the scenario we used. As the gallant German defenders, I started out with 3 Gebirsjager 42 platoons (3 regular HQ; 2 veteran, 7 regular, and 3 green squads), 3 regular HMG 34 teams, 2 50 mm Pak 38 AT guns (1 veteran, 1 green), 1 regular Marder III, and 2 regular Pz IVH tanks. I also had 4 trenches, 3 wire, and 2 antipersonnal mines.

This was the German force I had to defend 4 small and 1 large VLs on a map 800 meters deep by 1,115 meters wide. There were rolling hills, woods to the north and east, a factory complex at a road junction, and scattered houses. Three of the small VLs were very close to the edge of my setup area (including one in the factory), and I didn't think I could stop an unknown Soviet assault in its tracks.

I concentrated my defenses near the large VL in the SW corner. I placed two split squads just ouside the factory buildings, as scouts and to discourage an immediate occupation by the Soviets. One HMG and one AT gun went into a trench about halfway across the south edge to cover the roads approaching the factory and the woods in the east. One platoon of infantry and one HMG were positioned along the west map edge to cover the woods approaching the large VL. The wire went to the edge of the woods where HMGs covered it. The tanks and Marder were hidden behind buildings or hills to wait until the attackers were identified. I placed one AT mine behind a stone wall which I expected the Soviet infantry to use for cover, and the second went directly on an exposed hilltop VL. Actually I couldn't think of a good place for it! tongue.gif

Next-Introducing the assaulting Soviets!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

(snip)

Dave as I'm waiting for Axe's postman to get bored of playing CMAK before we can have our rematch, do you fancy picking a scenario (anything but The Creek, which I've already started against someone else) for a little PBEM action?

Teddy

Teddy, since you have twisted my arm, why not?! :D:D

Boggslia has a developed a near perfect formula for slowing my advance in our game. He's allowed me to destroy all his armor, and the dozen or so surrendering crews won't move forward with my troops faster than a crawl. Can't shoot 'em, can't leave 'em unattended. Boggs gamey rating: : four :mad: maggots out of five.

He who has no game keeps tweaking my Tiger's tail. It is not happy, and chucks angry TNT through everything in sight, and somethings out of sight.

Axe's anger rating: five :mad: maggots out of five. So much bitterness, so much time.

Teddy Windsor Ballet does the Desert. His Grants are so psychologically disturbed they shoot at his Shermans. Three out of five :mad: secret agent PPKs, mostly because not much is secret anymore.

If I forgot any of you, consider yourself insulted :mad: :mad: :mad:

Okay, this was the first Soviet force I tried holding back in the BDLRM. MasterGoodale assaulted with a Guards 43 company, a pioneer platoon, a SMG company, a T-34 M43 platoon, two DP LMGs, two Maxims, two PTRD AT rifles, two FO (82 mm mortars), an OT-34, an SU-76, and two MG carriers. He won a tactical victory by keeping his armor concentrated in a hull-down position, immediately killing one of my tanks (first shot! redface.gif :mad: ), knocking out my AT guns, and dropping mortar rounds around my infantry. He only caused 27 casualties, but he captured 6 men, giving him enough points for a 56-44 victory. GRRRR!!! :mad:

Next: Teddy

So I'm reading boston.com this morning about how Curt Schilling turned up at Fenway Park to talk to fans buying season's tickets.

"Isn't that cool Paula? I mean, the guy's one of the best pitchers in the game and he shows up at the park just like that. He also calls into talk radio shows to blast those callers who don't know what the hell they're talking about and was on an internet chat room during his contract negotiations, which he handled himself since he's his own agent. And, on top of that, he plays Combat Mission!"

Paula: "So he's crazy too?"

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I want a divorce. :D

Snowing here. "A Canadian air mass moved into the area as a high pressure system moved out of New England. 9 to 14 inches expected".

:mad: :mad: My neighbor's on vacation so I'll be clearing his driveway too. Anybody not getting snow - bite me! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh, same goes for you maggots in Canada and New England for not keeping you systems to yourself.

Originally posted by Snarker:

Snowing here. "A Canadian air mass moved into the area as a high pressure system moved out of New England. 9 to 14 inches expected".

:mad: :mad: My neighbor's on vacation so I'll be clearing his driveway too. Anybody not getting snow - bite me! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh, same goes for you maggots in Canada and New England for not keeping you systems to yourself.

Mwahahaha!! My nefarious plan worked!

And it's snowing like a biatch here too. :mad:

See for yourself.

Quick!! The zamboni's on the outdoor skating rink!!

(Ah nuts, you missed your chance to see Canada's national vehicle in action)

[ December 14, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Originally posted by Keke:

Today it has started to melt away.

Why isn't this international news?

Laws of physics broken in Finland

(Reuters) Finnish scientists are at a loss to explain a snow melt in December. Some are blaming global warming. Others, however, are chalking it up to the mounting heat eminating from furious Finns, raging at the lack of sunlight.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

(Reuters) Finnish scientists are at a loss to explain a snow melt in December. Some are blaming global warming. Others, however, are chalking it up to the mounting heat eminating from furious Finns, raging at the lack of sunlight.

I bet it is the angry molten, mentally disturbed TNT I'm flinging around. :mad:

Axe, maybe tomorrow you'll get your early Christmas present to yourself. :D I don't know which is more tragicomic, your CMAK no-show, or your faith in the doomed Red Sox.

Fellow maggots, I just finished a minor victory over Keke, and he was playing the FINNS!! I had to swarm his defense with a whole lot of Soviet infantry and armor, and the Finns killed about half of my men and machines, but I took and held the VLs. Keke, you put up a great fight by a really tough player. If it had been any of the rest of you maggots playing the Finns, I would have won a bigger victory. ;):D:D