Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Barbed Wire and Crators

I've just learned that crators will cancel the effect of barbed wire.

My question is can satchel charges be programed to always make a crator when they detonate? If so then engineers could use them to clear a path through barbed wire.

In the test I ran they only made the shallow crator which does not effect barbed wire. :(

LeeW

Originally posted by Other Means:

no map features can be deformed in play.

Care to explain? Buildings and bridges get blown up, minefields can be removed and craters do happen. Clearly, then, things other than enemy soldiers can be deformed during play.

What LeeW meant is that he wants them to make deep craters, ie. those where units can hide in as compared to shallow craters which only slow vehicles down. Deep craters get shown as a terrain type in that little box at bottom, just like b'd wire or trenches.

Yes that is what I meant Sergei. It would only take 2 or 3 charges to make a path through the wire. I don't know what the side effects would be from charges always making the deep crator, but being able to run through the wire after blasting would be nice smile.gif The wire wouldn't need to look different, just act different. The crator would be the indication that the wire was breached.

lee

Junk2drive, I don't think you know what you're talking about here. BFC has always put a lot of effort into modelling the infantry. Actually, I think that there were bigger changes to the infantry than to the armor part of the game going from CMBO to CMBB. IIRC, the priorities for developing CM were infantry first, then armor, with arty and air support a distant third.

Dschugaschwili