Allied tank reaction time...

It seems that when I play CMAK against an American AI, with basically the same parameters as vs the Soviets in CMBB, the American armor reacts much quicker and more intelligently than their Russian counterparts. For example, popping smoke, shoot and scoot, finding alternate routes of attack/advance. This situation with experience levels being equal. I understand that the terrain would differ in the various QB's but overall I am detecting faster reacting, smarter tankers.

On occasion I like to set up a game where the attacking enemy is pure armor at 1250 points with the attacker getting a +50% bonus. I have a single Tiger IE Crack or Elite experience. The Americans tanks range from green to veteran (veteran is rare). I often find myself "bailing out" before turn 7 with few kills to show for it. The same situation with the Russians, I can last almost double the number of turns while racking up 7+ kills before having to "bail out". The Americans usually have a mix of Sherman variants with some Stuarts thrown in while the Russians have mostly T-34/85's with some IS-2's and SU-76's thrown in.

Has anything changed in the game engine to cause this or am I hallucinating this seemingly more intelligent AI tanker behaviour?

Originally posted by Folbec:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Has anything changed in the game engine to cause this or am I hallucinating this seemingly more intelligent AI tanker behaviour?

I believe early war russians behave one quality level lower than their rating. </font>

I do believe CMAK was 'jazzed up' a bit.

Vehicle turn rates are faster across the board, for example. Armor penetration data has been exhaustive re-researched and reworked which I believe gives the 75mm Sherman a touch more hitting power, especially against homogeneous (Tiger) armor.

I haven't thought of comparing U.S. 75mm gun Shermans in CMAK against Russian 75mm gun Shermans in CMBB. That would be an interesting test.

Originally posted by Folbec:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jack Carr:

I believe early war russians behave one quality level lower than their rating. </font>