Indirect Artilliary Fire

poppy

Sounds interesting for the smaller field pieces and the 120mm mort. Resupply could be handled by a supply truck staged at the designated reinforcemnt point and then driven to the on map artillary. A command like "resupply" which would take up a couple of turns or so to complete could then be given.??poppy

I'll vote for the ability to put down proper creeping barrages.

Predictive artillery fire was well advanced by WWII and the requirement for the observer to have a line of sight if the barrage is going to be anywhere near accurate has, I believe, more to do with game play than any link with reality.

In CMBB and beyond the power of defensive arms has been made more realistic (remember charging machine guns with infantry in CMBO?) but the benefits of artillery for the attacker has not caught up.

I appreciate that artillery could become too powerful and so detract from the enjoyment of the game, but if we are talking wish lists and making the game conform more to reality, real artillery gets my vote. Maybe the ability to set up a timed creeping barrage at the start of the game would be a reasonable compromise - more WWI that Brit army 1944 but it would be better than the nonsense we have now.

Cheers

Originally posted by FerretHead:

Sounds good. Would also like to be able to specify number of rounds to be fired in a mission, rather than just blazing away for a turn at a time.

My first post - woo hoo!

Welcome, and artillery will likely be drastically different in CMx2, similar to what you described.